Learning to CS for non laners

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreshZzZ

05-02-2013

two words : minion tax

The Boss 92

05-02-2013

Different with every hero to do it under the tower.

King Of Suede

05-03-2013

As an ADC, you have to hope your support knows how to prep minions for you to help you clear faster to push. =/
SUPPORTS, LEARN TO PREP MINIONS <3

NecroSolaris

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of Suede View Post
As an ADC, you have to hope your support knows how to prep minions for you to help you clear faster to push. =/
SUPPORTS, LEARN TO PREP MINIONS <3
its not always about pushing faster you know, but I would agree supports should know how much damage they deal so they can help the adc get farm, and farm when the adc isn't close by

Aoenstar

05-03-2013

o.o

King Of Suede

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXXxSkullkidxXXx View Post
its not always about pushing faster you know, but I would agree supports should know how much damage they deal so they can help the adc get farm, and farm when the adc isn't close by
Well no, but when you do want to push cause both bots are backed and there are 3 top or something then pushing faster is the key.

Jaroch1

Recruiter

05-03-2013

test

Pierce7d

05-03-2013

One thing I personally find helps me a lot is to look at the attack animations of the minion. Usually, if you're an experienced player, you can see how much damage you do to a ranged or melee creep after a few tries. However, it can be tricky to catch the CS since you still have to hit it while it's health bar is decreasing due to other sources of damage (the enemy minions). However, look at the attack animations of the caster and melee minions, and you will notice that the health bar drops predictably and not so random. Also, try to be somewhat familiar with how much damage a caster minion does, and how much damage a melee minion does, to the other minions (this also goes for a cannon minion). Also, don't feel obligated to take a chance. If I'm playing Morgana, and I've got 5 creeps focusing a tank, I'm going to just last hit that with Dark Binding every time, instead of trying to manipulate a Morgana auto.

redmonkey68

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackening View Post

-Know your champion's auto-attack animation. Know how long it takes to start the auto-attack from the time of issuing the order, and how long the projectile (in the case of a ranged champion) takes to arrive. This is ESPECIALLY important on champions with a lower base AD, because you often will need to let minions get so low that you risk one of your own minions killing it.
Dumb question: do different skins of the same character have the same animation timing? I played two practice games with Ahri to work on my timing and I noticed that with the standard skin I was pretty on point but when I switched to the Foxfire skin its seemed like it was off. Is that in my head? Thanks

Vlterius

05-03-2013

Its all from the help of the runes and masteries really along with the champion. AND you have to know the champion you play well and how much they deal damage, par example i know the amount of damage that comes from Draven or Any range characters because of my masteries and runes, so i use that and take it into fact of home much it deals damage, PERSONALLY i suggest you experiment first really, then go on from there, and as for Ganks Ward ward ward