Learning to CS for non laners

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InfestationVids

10-01-2013

Pretty much early game stay in lane and farm, try to harass the other players as much as possible, and when your lane is pushed go to jungle monsters. When laning phase is over stick to jungle creeps and if you want to go far into lane to farm grab a couple wards and go so you wont get ganked. Hope this helped.

stealthshot

10-03-2013

I main jungler as well but when you are forced to do another lane it makes it really hard to alternate between what you think you should do as a jungle and what you are suppose to do as a top/mid/adc/support. I just try to do simple math and take in the armor pen + attack dmg and see at what point I can hit the minion and kill it. I memorize that HP bar of when it will die in one hit then it only gets easier from there since your dmg scales faster then the tankyness of the creeps.

Badger France

10-04-2013

Ideally when CSing, you are aiming to get the LAST hit on each creep with one auto attack.

If I have 64 AD in lane, each auto attack deals 64 damage. That means that the difference between a creep who has 64 HP and one that has 65 HP is a big deal. While learning to last hit, left click each minion and watch their box in the top left of the screen. When they hit or are about to hit that threshold of HP equal to your AD, auto attack.

It can also help to learn on a champion who has a mechanic that makes farming safely easier. Caitlyn has the longest ranged auto attack in the game at early levels, and Annie has a skill that rewards last hitting with a spell.

Another important point is that an opponent who is able to push the lane (quickly wiping out your allied creeps so that their minions are dying on your tower) can force you to compete with your tower for last hits. If this happens, remember that each Melee minion takes 2.1 tower shots, and each caster minion takes 1.4 tower shots. Auto attack each caster minion once before the tower can hit it, and last hit from there.

And finally, always focus more on CS than harassment (intentionally damaging your lane opponent to force them out of lane) or going all-in for a kill. When learning to play league, harassment can feel much more satisfying than waiting for a creep to get low. On average, 15 CS is equal to a kill, while 22-23 CS is equal to a kill with an assist. Stay calm, farm it up, and reap the rewards late game.

Lebyebye

10-06-2013

hi

Gerbiez

10-07-2013

haiii

Cats and Such

10-09-2013

CS'ing is somewhat of an issue for me as well since I am usually the one jungling for my team. What I do to cope with my inadequacies is walk up to lane and AA the first few minions, free, just to get a feel for the animation. Some champs are more responsive than others (Malzahar takes a decade to get his off) so I feel that this method is a good way to start things off. Also, starting off with some sort of dps boost (doran's, long sword, etc.) helps with how long your window for a last hit will be.

As for avoiding ganks, I try to play hyper passive. I'm not even ranked yet so junglers at my level kind of just random you to death. Early wards, safe play style, and a general understanding of the enemy junglers capabilities will help you stay alive, and ultimately, make your team more viable in late-game situations (such as team fights).

I feel it's far more important to stay alive then to get the kill on a low enemy in your lane, unless you are very comfortable in that situation. Hope this helped

SourDs

10-09-2013

hippy turtle

Lawlowned

10-10-2013

Turn off auto target.

Padu

10-11-2013

cool

siddx

10-11-2013

If you use a champion with low cd, low or no mana cost then you shouldn't be afraid to use your abilities to clear minion waves or get last hits. For example, Garen or Katarina have great AoE abilities that are very helpful if you don't know how to last hit well.