Learning to CS for non laners

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dodoro

09-06-2013

tips are helpfu

Empress Crystal

09-08-2013

Interesting

Nimja1

09-10-2013

I'll just leave this here...
Attachment 777301

htm4212

09-10-2013

Cs is an extremely important component to the game, by no means am I really good at it but I've gotten a lot better at it recently after learning how important it was and how much it can really make a difference in the game. Always remember kills aren't everything, cs is. I always last hit, never basic attack minions. I usually run around clicking empty spots so I am a moving target who is hard to land harass on. I make sure the minions get very low then last hit.

RiotHavoc

QA Strategist

09-12-2013
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Hello again Summoners!

Sorry I've been so AFK here. So busy lately I have been neglecting my CS challenge. I'm going to be streaming some games here and there on the weekends coming up (probably next weekend) in spirit of the World Championships.

Hope to see you all in game!

ExaltedVanguard

09-12-2013

CSing in lane is basically just smiting...

but on a smaller scale, and it usually doesn't cost you the game if you miss it.

Subnoise

09-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotHavoc View Post
Okay, I wanted to open up a little discussion for people to talk about good tips to get better at CSing while laning. I personally am not very good, as I main Jungle, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs some good pointers so fire away.

What do you guys do to help yourselves get better as a laner and make sure that your creep score is good, while still looking out for ganks and other opportunities.

[Edit to clarify the original question as there may have been some confusion]
I main Adc , So cs is a very important part in my role. The way to get a good creep score is to attack the enemy laner as much as u can while you keep an eye on all the minions health but when a minion gets to the point where u can last hit it , go for it. You just gotta perfect the whole Aggro/Passive laning style and then you should be ready to go once you master that. Good luck in future games.

lnrael

09-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotHavoc View Post
Hello again Summoners!

Sorry I've been so AFK here. So busy lately I have been neglecting my CS challenge. I'm going to be streaming some games here and there on the weekends coming up (probably next weekend) in spirit of the World Championships.

Hope to see you all in game!
i see you havoc

Glycogen

09-12-2013

Good champions to practice last hitting with is corki with full AD runes and a dorans blade. Go into a custom game, and try to last hit as many as you can

Corki has a fast auto animation as well as his true damage passive to give you the extra 7-9 damage

Once you start getting the hang of it (at LEAST 90 cs at 10 minutes), start relieving yourself by not taking the minion damage mastery next time, don't start dorans blade, less ad runes, until you can still be consistant with no runes or masteries.

Next try champions with slower auto attack animations, like Anivia or Elise(medium speed).

Don't like playing ranged? blitzcrank is good to practice on as well.

Once you start last hitting well, you can practice last hitting under tower. Know that if your champion's autoattacks are strong (ad runes or if you're someone like jarvan), melee creeps take 2 turret shots before they are low enough to attack for the last hit. Attack not killing it? No problem, attack the melee anywhere between the 0-1st tower hit so your auto animation wil reset in time after the 2nd turret shot. Casters take 1 turret shot, same principal applies to casters if you cant last hit it after the tower shot. Watch out for damage from your creeps, the last hitting will end up having to be adjusted with skills (graves buckshot, caitlyn piltover peacemaker etc). Cannon's should be watched and might have to be hit with a skill. If the cannon is 140-190 hp, you have to use your skill, it will die in the next auto attack

Creeps under tower will die from left to right, starting with the cannon first, followed by melee's and casters.

These are just basic last hitting mechanics that can be practicing. Knowing how creeps die under tower and how to adjust last hits should be a concern to anyone.

TheWightMan

09-14-2013

You could click on the minion and look at their armor/hp comparing with your atk damage.
It really helps sometimes for newbies.