Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Learning to CS for non laners

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

atomiton

07-31-2013

for last hitting most people try to right click on minions and view their health and look at their ad to judge if it will kill it, this is the first step in cs'ing i believe the second step is now looking at your minions and seeing which minions their attacking caster minions bolts are very visible and give a better timing than melee would, melee is a little harder but you can tell which one they are attacking by the angle of their body. for last hitting under tower is a lot harder but it just takes practice, if you are starting out you can weigh your options and just go for the minions you know you will kill (getting 3 minions is better than no minions)melee minions have more health and with no other damg sources on them the tower can hit them 3 times total so after the second tower hit if you have roughly 80 damg on the minion you will kill it, caster are 2 shot by tower making it more difficult because the second hit leaves it with more health roughly 120 or so (the casters have less armor and take more tower damg) so 1 auto on them a tower shot and another auto is good for csing just remember that this is all irrelevant with out practice but remember that it is the same every game so just have fun with it and you will pick it up. I have found chaox's cs'ing method where you stop your character, this is done by using the default S key on your keyboard, and waiting instead of filling your time by clicking back and forth is by far easier i misclick all the time. it is worthy to note that cannon minions waves are worth more gold and that the cannon minions themselves are worth 2 of the smaller minions so aim to try and kill those and deny them in lane it is easy because if you kill theirs earlier then the other player will take more damg from your cannon minion especially in top lane. even more advanced is by resetting your AA with moves such as vayne's tumble or leona's q these are all things the go into more damg faster and making cs'ing easier.

Lord Solar Bear

07-31-2013

Quote:
M I A Pikachu:
Use the phreak method.
go mid with no runes and try to hit 100 cs by ten mins aka perfect cs IN A CUSTOM GAME

just keep doing that with your favorite champ till you get really good. im up to 90~ cs .
cant do that in an actual game but it helps

That is EXACTLY what I needed, thank you so much!

Loafs

07-31-2013

It really comes down to the feel of your champ that you're using.... I use Wukong all the time, and just learned when to hit, and use my abilities to the fullest to cs better. (he uses barely any mana)

Dynelmoon

Recruiter

08-01-2013

I find it easier to first understand what you are trying to buy while CSing. After testing it the goal of 100 cs in 10 mins is good to trive for but in most game it is more likely to get 70-90 cs in that time. Kills and assists not included you make just above 1000g which is enough of start for most high costing items.

ethorn2745

08-01-2013

its timming i Have never been very good at cs but timming is key to me. like champs who give a increased stat (sion, veiger, nasus) are particularly good insentives for last hitting after all the more cs you get with said ability the stronger you get

Kartilic

08-01-2013

practice, practice, practice!

Koi Nami Only

08-01-2013

Ok I've heard 2 things about this 100 cs by XX minutes.

Is 100 cs by 10 minutes Diamond status (or w.e you'd call it) while 100 cs by 10 minutes is like Platinum or something?

Kixa

08-01-2013

Well Honestly I just, cs really although it is hard for me to cs i progress throughout the days but eh..

Laru

Recruiter

08-02-2013

Make a smurf so you are weak as possible and practice csing, once you have some damage runes and masteries it will seem much easier.

Yakkers

08-02-2013

Is there really a pinned thread about this? Last hitting in LoL is braindead easy. If you pick up one damage item in the lane phase, you can last hit minions from 1/3 health.