Learning to CS for non laners

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mobalin

05-31-2013

I think it has to do with runes mostly.

Cmario17

06-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by therock45 View Post
if you are like me you focus on to much to harass ppl instead of cs thats why i suck as olaf
Same here, i did that with Mundo. Some champions are definately easier to farm with than others, though. I stink at getting CS, but i play Garen most of the time, so i can spin to finish off the low-health minion wave and get SOME gold every so often. Add the sunfire cape and scoop up all the CS and push the lane at the same time. (Sometimes that works, others not...). I think my biggest issue is deciding when to chase and when to run when fighting.

theregoesmywenis

06-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
15-16 AD on champions that can properly utilize it, coupled with a few points in offense, will make gathering CS a dream.

If you enjoy mages, practicing with Karthus and Anivia will make almost all other champions auto attack farming feel like a breeze.
Agreed, I play Anivia mid and she is truly the hardest to last hit with. It i get to 60 cs by 10 min i'm lucky. XD. Obviously after that it should be easy cuz of her ult though.

Vieryn

06-01-2013

I actually have a lot of trouble with CS. Mid I'm okay, but as my ADC i seem to be constantly out farmed and not by a little...I'll be at 90 and they have broken 100 already.
These tips have helped a lot. I'm still finding timing difficult but I've been trying to work on better anticipation. I've also been working harder to deny the enemy farm. My thought is, if perfect farm is 100 and I'm at 90 but the enemy is at 75 because I am actively trying to deny them farm then it's a win for me, even if it's not perfect.

I do this by using a few well placed Lux Es or something of the like

The Baby Milo

Recruiter

06-02-2013

I just usually wait til the minions health is about 100HP and then I hit it. But it also depends on how much damage you do.

Reap22

06-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotHavoc View Post
Okay, I wanted to open up a little discussion for people to talk about good tips to get better at CSing while laning. I personally am not very good, as I main Jungle, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs some good pointers so fire away.

What do you guys do to help yourselves get better as a laner and make sure that your creep score is good, while still looking out for ganks and other opportunities.

[Edit to clarify the original question as there may have been some confusion]
Being able to cs is one thing. With csing you always want to be patient. It helps to hit a minion once at each level so you can know how much damage you're doing and work around that. Now after that you have to understand how to trade while csing. Your opponent will almost definitely go in to harass you when they see that one of their creeps is about to die. That's the most basic move in laning. To work around this you can either start pushing your lane first so that your opponent doesn't have a chance to deny and you have a level lead; or you can get the cs with an aoe spell which will allow you to harass the enemy champion and get the kill. Another important thing to remember is that junglers will almost never gank before they get both buffs which is usually around 3 minutes, so you practically have free reign to push until then. If a jungler does come without double buffs/lvl3, it's almost impossible for them to kill you and you will have successfully wasted their time, allowing your jungler to start counter jungling. Just some basic stuff I learned from grinding solo q. Feel free to ask if you have anymore questions.

KillingSeasons

06-02-2013

hey guys, if you want to b on a livestream and play some fun ARAM games, go to this link! lots of fun we will b on 4 a while http://www.twitch.tv/gamingforacause

Charsonis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2013

Great info

xXPwnageXx12

06-03-2013

15 Tips
1. Press S to stop autoattacks.
2. Hit a minion once to find out the damage you do adding armor and magic resist if you have the mastery.
3. Click on the lowest minion.
4. Hit it for last hit or wait.
5. Play afk if you seem to be failing.
6. Have your team ambush after.
7. Take free creeps when the enemies are dead.
8. Always try to get 200 creeps in one game unless your fed, that way you can keep up with your team if you aren't fed.
9. Don't farm the whole game, try to help your team.
10. If you are lacking in farm practice is CoOp Vs AI (That's how i reached my personal record of 450 cs in 39 minutes with a bot laning against me.)
11. Don't overextend to pick up a last hit. You may end up dead and 1 minion ain't gonna make you feel any better cause you just lost over 10.
12. Stay calm, don't be dumb and initiate a pointless fight.
13. Cooperate with your support if you are bot with one and cooperate with your jungler no matter what. It helps getting free cs if you kill the enemy.
14. Seriously, just don't chase Singed when you lack farm....
15. Hope this helps .

xXPwnageXx12

06-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by theregoesmywenis View Post
Agreed, I play Anivia mid and she is truly the hardest to last hit with. It i get to 60 cs by 10 min i'm lucky. XD. Obviously after that it should be easy cuz of her ult though.
Actually it is quite easy to play Anivia and farm. Stall as much as possible at your tower and build some tanky items in the beginning then get lv 6 as soon as ya can. Then your a beast.