Learning to CS for non laners

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magic Spoon Lord

05-28-2013

As a good ADC, you want to be keeping your apm's high, mainly through moving between last hits to avoid harass and skill shots.
Your adc's animation comes into play most when you're going from movement to hitting the creep. Knowing your adc's animations will help you find the sweet-spot when you click for the kill.
Rinse. Repeat.
I also found it helpful to completely rebind my mouse, leaving right as normal move/attack, and making my left mouse attack move. Helps in csing, and allows you to stutter-step like a boss, without having to spam the A key.
Hope this helps.

Magic Spoon Lord

05-28-2013

Oh, and know your attack range. Having to move your character to attack can miss last hits.

Crucifixation

05-29-2013

I find that the more aoe's you use and the faster you hit, the difficulty in getting cs exponentially decreases

EverlifeorDeath

05-30-2013

How you last hit can determine on the carry you use, and your runes. If you use a heavy AD carry with less speed, be 100% when you last hit, because if you incorrectly time, you will most likely miss that hit. If you take a faster, less AD carry try a hit when a minion is at full health, then a following hit when the minion is low. This will allow you to get more CS quicker, and hopefully faster then your opposing carry. For beginning players playing as the carry, I would suggest Caitlyn and Varus. Cait has sight with her traps, giving her an edge on poke if placed in bush. Varus has a slow, great for when your support initiates. They both a have straight-line ability, great for later-on farming, when you can wipe a wave with it. Also, not an indecent poke.

If you are someone who enjoys a heavy set AD carry, depending on your play style you might go for more speed to increase that low speed, or more AD so you can last-hit earlier, although that's a risky call, because you can still miss. With more speed, you have a better chance for making up that early hit.

If you like a faster carry, you might want more speed or AD runes. If you play Ashe, I would actually suggest speed runes, disregarding popular opinion. Her Q is a slow, so if you can land that Q more times on an opponent to slow them, why not do so? Back to farming, with more speed she can volley earlier and finish up with that speed to get all of the farm, if you select your minions correctly.

icebomb2112

05-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotHavoc View Post
Okay, I wanted to open up a little discussion for people to talk about good tips to get better at CSing while laning. I personally am not very good, as I main Jungle, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs some good pointers so fire away.

What do you guys do to help yourselves get better as a laner and make sure that your creep score is good, while still looking out for ganks and other opportunities.

[Edit to clarify the original question as there may have been some confusion]
i found an epic bug W garen unlimited q run and cant be slowed W wooglets/hourglass its epic

DeathBringerJax

05-30-2013

Another good tip I learned while playing for critical chance oriented melee champions like Tryndamere is that when you can tell the difference between a normal hit and a critical hit "swing" your champion portrays, you can press s to stop the swing and wait until the minion is about 25% health and use your saved up crit attk.

AlexKnight

05-30-2013

Pretty sure a lot of people have stated something similar to what I'm going to...but w/e...
It totally depends on the runes, masteries, champ, etc. that you're playing. If you're playing an ADC like Caitlyn (specially with her recent attack speed nerf) be absolutely sure that you can get the hit instead of possibly.
If you play a lot of mid lane (like me ) know the skills of your champion. I.E. if you play Karthus, his Q does double damage to isolated targets and the AOE on it is pretty big so try to place your Q in a way that'll damage only that one minion. If you play Katarina, Akali, etc. (the AP mids that have low AP and AD early game) it's hard to last hit under tower. For the ranged minions, hit once, let the tower hit it, then hit again and this normally works.
For a top laner, it's similar to playing ADC; be absolutely sure you can get that creep. It's a lot easier to last hit under tower as a top laner or ADC than mid laner since you have more AD (unless you play Talon, Zed mid lane, etc.).
But above all, it comes down to experience. Play a lot with the champion, use custom games it's pretty nice for practice. Do not trade CS for damage on the enemy laner unless they are really low especially in the early game. It really does hurt more than you may think. Besides that I can't say much more..don't push too hard or you'll probably miss CS.

Can't think of much else really.....

Sammystorm

05-30-2013

Learn how hard your champ hits. That is really the best advice. if you notice that the creep didn't quite die wait until it gets lower

InSteel

05-30-2013

Patience is key

DPSwordsMan

05-31-2013

Lol why are you working at riot if you ****ing suck **** at this game go suck dick i hope you get fired