Learning to CS for non laners

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amgyn

05-08-2013

more tips:

Improve your map awareness by looking at the minimap after EVERY last hit.make this a habit and your map awareness will improve.

Try not to use skills while CSing. Save mana and cooldowns.

Prioritize your last hits on minions! -> Cannon minion (most gold) -> melee minion -> Caster minion

Remember the "S" key its to stop auto attacks after moving.

Teonzen

05-09-2013

this is what works for me and I always have 200 or more cs by end game unless its total troll or 4v5, Too many ppl conserve their abilities like they not coming back or something don't be afraid to use them early game to secure ur cs lead that's my tip

Planets Cubed

05-09-2013

dont spam, but use your abilites, sure you will have 1/2 as much mana but at least you got 20 more cs than the other adc. Like ezreal, spamming dat q does wonders.

8xLegacyx8

05-09-2013

Definately play custom games vs bots and practice just to get the feel down before going into a PVP scenario, I do this jungling now that I am trying to fill multiple roles other than support.

The Lord Mayor

05-09-2013

It is very difficult to obtain 100 cs by 10 minutes. The most I have every gotten was around 85 with Nasus top(Yes their top Lee was an idiot). First of all you can't leave your lane unless you have tp. Also you can't help your jungler.
The only practical lane to get 100 cs by 10 minutes is the duo-bot lane. The support with sustain can keep the adc healthy and they just afk farm. For instance, soraka-caitlyn or sona-ezreal can farm very easily for 10 minutes straight. However duos such as graves-leona, Tristana-Alistar, draven-taric are vunerable to poke.
The other way of obtaining 100 cs is play karthus mid. If you time your skiddles well you won't lose much mana thanks to your E.

Kingedly

05-09-2013

Be patient and practice, keeping calm is very important, sometimes I get hyped after maybe a trade off or a gank and I get to itchy for the CS so I mess it up, always get calm

ChiSqrd

05-09-2013

All the previous tips are great and will help a lot. Just practice, practice, and more practice (PvP). You'll get the hang of it eventually. And remember, don't compare yourself to the what people say is the standard "benchmark". If you are in a lane with lots of aggression, you may not have as much cs, but neither will your opponent, usually. The only number you need to compare to is your laning opponents.

Speckledj1m

05-09-2013

swing resets i've found is really helpful, I can last hit midlane as Katarina better with an auto+w combo then I can as an ADC in most situations.

Teonzen

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekatian View Post
Get rid of last hitting. Make it whoever did the most damage gets the gold. (Exception being neutral monsters)
well that would make it ail less skillful a game to master now wouldn't it I like the challenge, this game looks kiddy for the most part but the thing that makes it great is the technical things that must be observed in order to be a great player : ), keep it difficult LoL

Hemoglobin Jr

05-12-2013

Alot of this depends on what champion you play. As said by my mates, I always play champs with abilities that make cs a breeze (Garen TwistedFate Talon Kha'zix Trynda etc) alot of AP champs have good farming capabilities. If you go ADC your last hits will be easier as you have more AD. You can hit a caster at half health and it will die. Last hitting in general, I assume how much damage the minion is taking from my minions. If its a lot, like 5 casters on it, i'd hit it right as the casters are in the middle of damaging it. This way I get the last hit without the casters getting it. ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: CS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN HARASS. In some cases you have to harass back when they harass you, but don't harass if it means you lose that cs.