Poor fps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LiIac

04-30-2013

I have been playing for a really long time and only recently the first 3-4 mins in a game i spend waiting for my fps to rise from 2 (not kidding). Even if it clears up then, the first team fight freezes my game for a minute and i can't click or move.
If anyone has a solution, please post it. Thanks.

Constantinius

04-30-2013

Same issue here. Had 60 fps before Lissandra patch today, now stuck at 10-15.... whats the deal?

Tha Kernal

04-30-2013

normal for all mac pataches.... RIOT needs to do better QA testing and rollouts....

Dataslave

Adjudicator

05-01-2013

Is this on the new Howling Abyss map, or on all maps? Can you post your system specifications and game logs, and mention the maps you're experiencing the issue in, and if the issue you're experiencing is the same as Identical64's, or is more like Constantinius, or is just a moderate FPS drop from the last patch.

There are multiple FPS issues for both pc and mac with the current patch that I've seen, and unfortunately FPS issues got glossed over during PBE testing. I suspect that the main factor in this slipping past was because all the testers were playing Howling Abyss only, and that map consistently had FPS issues that they told us would "be resolved before release", so reports of FPS problems got shrugged off.

Currently Howling Abyss is still performing badly on many machines (20% less than usual on mine, and its not exactly low end). They also made a change that applies to all maps that was supposed to improve performance on integrated and low end cards, and it hurt mid end cards a lot.

Constantinius

05-02-2013

It's funny after rebooting I first played in Howling Abyss and my fps was back to pre-patch levels. But the next day I played just in Summoner's Rift and the framerate was down to a steady 15 fps. I rebooted and it did not fix it this time... I'm gonna do some more testing as far as rebooting and different settings and whatnot... but it's not making much sense. For one, my fps is constant. Like dropping to the lowest settings or putting them to the highest, the fps is the exact same.

Specs:

Processor: 2.66GHz i7
Memory: 8 GB DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GT 330M 512mb

Logs - http://pastebin.com/0k5s5CZa

Okay so I'm playing in a game right now... don't worry it's the first minute or so and my fps is back to normal, constant 60fps.

Weird.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

05-02-2013

I actually ended up dropping my settings from all high to slightly lower on the PBE before the patch launched, the performance just wasn't stable, but it never fell that far.

If it happens again, can you post your exact settings for every video option?