Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can't get it to download

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Star Sovereign

04-30-2013

I've been trying to download Lol onto my mac, every time its done downloading i go to click on the logo, and nothing happens. Ever time it opens a new window with the LOL logo and my applications folder, what does this mean?

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-30-2013

The file you're downloading is a disk image. In mac parlance, opening it "mounts" the disk image, and displays its contents to you, which is the LoL application, and a shortcut to your applications folder. To install an application distributed this way, you need to drag and drop the League of Legends file onto the Applications folder shortcut.

Once that's done, navigate to your Applications folder using Finder, then run the game from there.

Star Sovereign

04-30-2013

Thanks!

Now though whenever i try to open it it says: The League of Legends has quite unexpectedly, when i then hit relaunch, i get the same message again.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-30-2013

Are you actually copying the League of Legends.app file to your applications folder and opening it from there, or are you just double clicking on it inside the disk image?

Star Sovereign

04-30-2013

I have copied it to my application folder, then gone into my finder to applications, then i click on the league of legends icon, it says it has quick unexpectedly, i hit relaunch it comes back up saying that the relaunch didn't work, i can then either relaunch it again or reset and relaunch. All in all it becomes a big circle of clicks that do nothing.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-30-2013

Hrm, I forgot to ask the usual first question: What are your system specs (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3222596)?

Tha Kernal

04-30-2013

Good luck with support, they suck. Also good luck with Dataslave. Don't express your opinion or frustration because he will get his wittle feelings hurt and then won't help you either....

Star Sovereign

05-01-2013

Um I think this is what your looking for:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,4
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.49f2

It's a OS X 10.5.8

iknowyerbad

05-01-2013

If you have $20 lying around, you can buy the most recent OS from the app store.
That may help a little bit

Dataslave

Adjudicator

05-01-2013

Quote:
Star Sovereign:

It's a OS X 10.5.8

Wish I had remembered to ask earlier, could have gotten this resolved a lot quicker

The minimum system specifications (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/23260481-League-of-Legends-Mac-Client-Minimum-System-Requirements) for LoL require at least 10.6.8. The good news is you meet the rest of the requirements for LoL. For future reference, your machine is a mid 2009 model, and you have a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics card.

As High Arbiter mentioned above, the upgrade to the latest OS (Mountain Lion - 10.8.3) is $20. Unfortunately, 10.5.8 doesn't have access to the Mac App Store, so you can't click a button to buy it and install it; You'll have to purchase a boxed copy of Mountain Lion (Apple Store, Amazon, Best Buy, etc) and install from the DVD.