People Bypassing the LeaverBuster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malvodius

04-30-2013

I just had a match where the player who asked (forced us to give him) mid went afk "to eat" as soon as it started. He tried to bypass the LeaverBuster by patrolling and sitting in jungle, and he actually did it.
I honestly wouldn't mind the afk too much if he didn't try that. This isn't the first time I've seen people do this, it disgusts me.
Can one actually report people for this? Because since they weren't marked as a leaver I can't report them for being one, because I'm pretty sure my report would be dissmised without actually looking at the scores (He ended up in level 2, with no items.).
And
How can you even allow this to be? Making the leaver buster just detect afks in fountain is a terrible idea. It should be able to notice when someone is still for an unreasonable amount of time, not getting xp, etc.

Arrietti

04-30-2013

Someone mentioned before that the buster is a lil smarter than just looking for idlers but I do not know exactly what it tracks.

And I agree with your aversion to this. If you need to go afk than do so. It is a part of life and riot makes allowances for it. You only get punished if you do it excessively and a player trying to avoid detection by moving around or killing some minions here or there is clearly one trying to exploit.

Malvodius

04-30-2013

I'd have no problem if he just had got a leave, It'd be just another lose. If he trully had to leave the game against his will, after all, life is more important that a videogame.. I wouldn't have mind at all.
But he tried to bypass the system. He did it intentionally. THAT is the problem.
That is very selfish, and using exploits is against the rules.

gnfnrf

04-30-2013

Report such players under the Leave/AFK category.

That's exactly what it's for.

Riot doesn't say how LeaverBuster works, but I suspect that they tighten the automatic filters on a game in which someone is reported for leaving, or something similar. If you don't report, you aren't using the tools you have.

If you could only report people who actually left for leaving, what would be the point? Riot already knows those people left. They need your help to identify the other guys.

Malvodius

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrf View Post
Report such players under the Leave/AFK category.

That's exactly what it's for.

Riot doesn't say how LeaverBuster works, but I suspect that they tighten the automatic filters on a game in which someone is reported for leaving, or something similar. If you don't report, you aren't using the tools you have.

If you could only report people who actually left for leaving, what would be the point? Riot already knows those people left. They need your help to identify the other guys.
I reported him, but I still made this thread make sure I did it right, and to bring some attention to this matter: The leaverbuster needs to be revised.