Mac Bug when using ! in chat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Col Frogfoot

05-10-2013

Finally haha

YoLittleSister

05-12-2013

hmm was the latest patch suppose to fix this bug? Because it's still happening I just want to spam !!!!!!! to express my emotions while yelling at my friends in game XD

RatB33

05-14-2013

Any ETA on a fix?!?! I cannot express myself with copious amounts of !'s....

YoLittleSister

05-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatB33 View Post
Any ETA on a fix?!?! I cannot express myself with copious amounts of !'s....

I have temporarily adapted to using 11111 instead of !!! to make ppl think I just didn't press shift properly while typing like crazy XD !!!!

RatB33

05-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoLittleSister View Post
I have temporarily adapted to using 11111 instead of !!! to make ppl think I just didn't press shift properly while typing like crazy XD !!!!
haha,, this, I like!

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

05-15-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoLittleSister View Post
This is now my new method of expression. It's so awesome1111

Sorry for the lack of updates but I just got the word that we won't be hotfixing this out (but 3.7 is being polished and will be out soon(TM)). We ended up having to weigh the # of mac users experiencing large amounts of pain from this bug against potentially causing all mac players to have to patch again. Hotfixing poses problems when a player disconnect from game and there is a patch waiting for you. This not only ruins said player's experience but also the experience of 9 others in his game.

Mirror

05-15-2013

Here's what I look like in chat:

*pinging the enemy red buff as Xin walks past a ward, at half health*

Metron: xin at 5% health
Metron: *50%
[First Blood]
Metron: !
Metron: !
Metron: nice job guys.
Metron: &
Metron: &
Metron: let's drag and baron

Can you not hotfix at like 4:30 a.m.? Or are you saying it will be fixed in 3.7 (tonight)?

RatB33

05-15-2013

Does this mean that the 3.7 patch will contain this fix? If so, then that makes sense to me. I may still keep using 111 instead of !!! anyway. Its c00ler.

Fugglenuts

05-15-2013

Oh god, I just experienced this in a bot game when I was jokingly trying to encourage a team mate to go for the quadra in a bot game. I didn't know what was going on and tried to put the sentence in multiple times until I realized it was "!" causing all the problems.

Yvari

05-16-2013

!

...JK. I think Riot should invest in this. Its practically an anti-toxicity method. Im not toxic, naturally (:P), but someone's attitude seems a lot less threatening when its just "!" Or "gj dude". Those lack of exclamation marks change everything.

I feel for those who use copious amounts of exclamations marks with friendly intentions though.

!