Ranked Low Lp Gains

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreadlordKillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2013

Just before the patch I was getting 15-25 LP per match and losing 10-20 LP
I ranked up to gold 1 just before the patch.
I just played a game where the level of skill difference was extremely high, maybe usually get 12 LP for a game like this with a big skill difference. Instead I got 4 LP I'm not sure if that is to do with the new clamping or if it was because the gap in skill was simply that large, anyone know why the gain was so low?

Also I've been winning more than I am losing consistently I went to gold 1 with 4 wins in my last 5 matches and am usually gaining LP daily.

Is this a MMR problem?
A problem with the patch?
Or are the LP gains just this low in gold 1 now?
Just bad luck in the match-up being so different in skill level?

Also worth a note, after reaching gold 1 I lost immediately and did not de-rank so i believe my MMR is accurate for gold 1

Whoa There Betsy

04-30-2013

I think that Riot must have patched the game to make yours (and I think only your LP) only go up by a few points just to annoy you. Have you sent a support ticket? Because I don't think that anybody else in Division 1 of a tier has experienced this problem. This is highly perplexing....

#sarcasm

DreadlordKillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2013

so I did a larger sample test out of 4 ranked games today the first 3 were victories 4 LP 4 LP 5 LP the final game was a loss I expected that it was a MMR problem and i would probably lose a tonne of LP but I only lost 3 LP is this just to be expected from now on in division 1?

Mich567

04-30-2013

It's always MMR. The system got pretty weird, I don't know about the low gains AND low losses. Just know the system has a reason and really has no huge flaws. Other than human nature, but that has nothing to do with the system.

King Wheaty

04-30-2013

man i just have the problem of people leaving in game and otehrs trolling :/

Nealson

04-30-2013

Same prob I am having. I will gain like 5-3 points and lose 5-4 points for a loss. It will take me forever to rank up at this rate

Nealson

04-30-2013

The same thing has been happening to me I gain 5-3 points and lose 5-4. At the rate its going ill never rank up