[Guide] Kayle - The Anti-Carry Angel

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

waterproofdude

12-14-2009

Hi,

Your guide is very interesting and presents ideas that I'd like to try. However, I have a few questions. I have not yet tried these tactics, so pardon me if I'm horribly mistaken in my observations (or just plain bad at this game).

Question 1, what do you do to compensate for Kayle's inability to farm, especially against heroes like Ashe or Twitch? I find that it's hard to get last hits consistently without using Reckoning. I usually get an item like Philosopher's Stone to generate some gold, but your build doesn't have anything like that. How do you get by?

Question 2, How is it that you can harass champions with reckoning? Against the tougher carries, even later on in the game, I find that reckoning does little damage, not comparable to the output most other carries can supply. This follows into:

Questions 3, If you seek to boost AP, what do you think of Rod of Ages? You didn't mention it, and I was wondering why.

Anyways, thanks for the guide;

Cheers,
waterproofdude

BowlOFruit

12-15-2009

Like the guide overall just a quick question, one item I ALWAYS get on kayle is nashors tooth atk spd, ap, cd reduction ftw wondering if you've tried it and just found it inferior or what? Deathsfire feels clunky to me but its possible i just dont have enough exp playing with it. Anyway thx for the guide just went 16 and 2 with it

Knuckle

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterproofdude View Post
Hi,

Your guide is very interesting and presents ideas that I'd like to try. However, I have a few questions. I have not yet tried these tactics, so pardon me if I'm horribly mistaken in my observations (or just plain bad at this game).

Question 1, what do you do to compensate for Kayle's inability to farm, especially against heroes like Ashe or Twitch? I find that it's hard to get last hits consistently without using Reckoning. I usually get an item like Philosopher's Stone to generate some gold, but your build doesn't have anything like that. How do you get by?

Question 2, How is it that you can harass champions with reckoning? Against the tougher carries, even later on in the game, I find that reckoning does little damage, not comparable to the output most other carries can supply. This follows into:

Questions 3, If you seek to boost AP, what do you think of Rod of Ages? You didn't mention it, and I was wondering why.

Anyways, thanks for the guide;

Cheers,
waterproofdude

Answer: I don't compensate, last hit with melee attacks when available, but your focus is getting first blood or lots of early game kills, with that not possible, simply deny their carry, it sucks not getting alot of gold, but it hurts their team WORSE for you to keep their carry levels below you and unfarmed on creeps. Also there is one gold per 5 item in my build krags lucky pick while building deathfire grasp.

Well if you are having difficulty harassing champions with reckoning you may be pausing too much between nukes, I try to hit them as soon as the refresh every single time, the only hero I have alot of trouble with doing this is lifesteal heros, even then, you can crank out a few ranks of righteous fury over divine blessing to compensate. And luckily for you no matter what kind of damage their carry will typically supply, its going to be lower thanks to you griefing them! When you get kayle kill farmed its embarassing how far you can chase their heros away into their base for a kill.

Rod of the Ages is a poor choice for this build due to the fact your mana regen will be too low at early levels even with the larger mana pool/catalyst. Chalice of harmony is a must, and boots early is a must, starting on rod of the ages as your third item is pretty inefficient in my opinion, id rather go with zhonyas ring or voidd staff if you dont like the deathfire grasp. And lichbane is pretty devestating.

Kaiser69andi

12-15-2009

Hmm I've been doing Ap stacking Kayle, Anti Carry a lot and so far the only problems that have caused me not to beat the opposing solo is some ******bag taking mid from me :P i attached a pic of wat my usual games if im solo go like

Knuckle

12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser69andi View Post
Hmm I've been doing Ap stacking Kayle, Anti Carry a lot and so far the only problems that have caused me not to beat the opposing solo is some ******bag taking mid from me :P i attached a pic of wat my usual games if im solo go like
Solid build, I'm going to start toying with sword of divine right after lichbane and some other attack haste items.

inept

12-16-2009

definitely seems good but like you put the asterick,

playing against cho'gath seems like it would just be a stalemate. I can literally be at 2 bars of health with cho and 5 creep kills later im back to full health. best laner in the game easily imo, dont even need to atk the opponent just keep last hitting

then you rupture, scream, feast, ignite them from full health and they die and its like lolwut.

Knuckle

12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by inept View Post
definitely seems good but like you put the asterick,

playing against cho'gath seems like it would just be a stalemate. I can literally be at 2 bars of health with cho and 5 creep kills later im back to full health. best laner in the game easily imo, dont even need to atk the opponent just keep last hitting

then you rupture, scream, feast, ignite them from full health and they die and its like lolwut.
Yeah I'm working on new builds to better handle chogaths lifestealing, I'm also getting a real headache from well played blitzcranks. Going to toy with a much more righteous fury heavy build for early game facing off against these two and see how it plays out, with less emphasis on AP and more emphasis on maybe Triforce and some other items.

Phiphler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

12-18-2009

I like Rageblade on Kayle, I find that she is the best champion for it by far. It works well in conjuction with Lich Bane.

Have you managed to test the new Soulstealer this patch? 20+ AP per kill sounds like a lot, perhaps its workable?

2 Vaynez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-18-2009

I just wanted to mention that I had to go against Knuckle with this build in mid last night. I have to say wow, I was Veigar and he literally stopped me from getting xp at some points. I've never laned against someone while soloing middle that was half as tough as you were. Kudos Knuckle on a pro strat / guide.

Viserion

12-18-2009

I laned mid against Knuckles a few days back as Anivia, and it was pretty brutal. Too much HP for me to burst down, and I was often out of XP and last hit range. Flash frost let me keep my creep kills decent, but it was still one of the worst mid lanes I've had. Nice job!

1234567 ... 8