Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

amumu would be OP in dota

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imidorifeed2

04-29-2013

Amumu has hookshot, pulse nova, counter helix, and overgrowth, Q W and R are ultimates in dota

Even though each one (except for overgrowth, lol) is not as strong as the dota ultimates, even the watered down versions are insanely OP when all on one hero

Graphaz

04-29-2013

Blatantly stolen from another thread.

Edit: Nevermind.

imidorifeed2

04-29-2013

Quote:
Graphaz:
Blatantly stolen from another thread.

Edit: Nevermind.

i stole it from myself

OP

TheMagicaIMonkey

04-29-2013

Quote:
imidorifeed2:
Amumu has hookshot, pulse nova, counter helix, and overgrowth, Q W and R are ultimates in dota

Even though each one (except for overgrowth, lol) is not as strong as the dota ultimates, even the watered down versions are insanely OP when all on one hero

When you say watered down, you don't say they're EXTREMELY watered down.
Hookshot is 3000 range in comparison to Amumu's 1100.
Pulse Nova comparison makes no sense. Pulse Nova is 100x stronger than Despair and does not deal %hp per second.
Counter Helix. Where the hell did this comparison come from? Counter Helix has a chance to deal damage to all surrounding enemies when he is attacked. Amumu just reduces damage by an inconsequential amount.
Overgrowth. I'll give you this one. Overgrowth lasts 2.5 seconds longer, deals more damage, and has 100 extra range tho.

ShadowGod55

04-29-2013

Amumu isn't OP at all. I can play as heroes like Master Yi or Veigar and completely crush Amumu in a couple of seconds. Sure, he can be very strong at times, but I think you should be focusing on the heroes that are TRULY OP, in DOTA or not.

Axis the Dragon

04-29-2013

But, Pulse Nova is flat damage whereas tears is %of max health

basketofseals

04-29-2013

Amumu would get his ass kicked in DotA. He sure as hell couldn't jungle, and his laning prowess is horrid.

Doom Maggot

04-29-2013

Quote:
HK the Killer:
Overgrowth. I'll give you this one. Overgrowth lasts 2.5 seconds longer, deals more damage, and has 100 extra range tho.

Overgrowth doesn't do any damage anymore....

IS13d0bef7a26900094c0e3

04-29-2013

Hey let's compare characters from different games, games that have different powerlevel when it comes to playable characters!

TheMagicaIMonkey

04-29-2013

Quote:
Doom Maggot:
Overgrowth doesn't do any damage anymore....

My bad, meant to say Overgrowth prevents attacking