Invalid username/password combination

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColdFear8

04-29-2013

Ive downloaded LOL onto my Mac but the account I have tells me i am entering the wrong usernam/password combo, so i made a new one and the same thing is happening to me... any suggestions?

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-29-2013

Are you running the live mac client, or the PBE client?

ColdFear8

04-29-2013

I believe it is the live mac client.. how can you know for sure?

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFear8 View Post
I believe it is the live mac client.. how can you know for sure?
Currently the live mac client isn't working for everybody, due to a patching error. So basically if you can get to the login screen, you probably have the PBE client.

To be sure:

When you first run the game, the patcher appears, with a giant Play button in the lower right that becomes clickable when its done patching. On this screen, on the left hand side, it has a change region button, and above that it says ONLINE in big green letters if the server is online, and above that it shows the name of the server in white letters.

If it says PBE there, you definitely have the PBE client.

Assuming that is the case, you need to download the normal LoL client from here: https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/redownload

That said, it probably won't patch until they fix the issue every mac user is experiencing, so you might have to wait a bit.

ColdFear8

04-29-2013

hmm.. now when i try to reinstall it this shows up:Unspecified error occurred. Please check the logs for more information...