Unable to update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haseoga

04-29-2013

Summoners,
On 04/30/13, starting at 12:30 AM PDT, ranked queues will be disabled in preparation for patch 3.6. At 02:00 PDT, the servers will be shut down and all games currently in progress will end in a draw and stats will not be recorded. We estimate the battlegrounds will be unavailable for 6 hours.

Tell me what's wrong there.....

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseoga View Post
Summoners,
On 04/30/13, starting at 12:30 AM PDT, ranked queues will be disabled in preparation for patch 3.6. At 02:00 PDT, the servers will be shut down and all games currently in progress will end in a draw and stats will not be recorded. We estimate the battlegrounds will be unavailable for 6 hours.

Tell me what's wrong there.....
I'm honestly not sure if its a typo, and the pc clients can't play, or if the patch is being rolled out (but not enabled) today, with the intention of enabling it once they upgrade the servers tomorrow.

Can someone with a PC post if they're able to play?

pandastud

04-29-2013

its 6 pm where i live and i just got home from a hard days work and want to play a bit of LOL going outside and playing isnt exactly what i had in mind before i go to bed. There is no need to mock the people who like to play this game!!

jeet1234

Recruiter

04-29-2013

Yes with a pc you can play
Its only problem with the mac client.
I have bot, pc and mac and my mac client is broken too :c

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet1234 View Post
Yes with a pc you can play
Its only problem with the mac client.
I have bot, pc and mac and my mac client is broken too :c
Did the PC client download tomorrow's patch data when you launched it today?

Grim Dawn

04-29-2013

l tried uninstalling it then re-installing, but now nothing at all will install... it's been stuck on 0% for the past hour. I know that the newest patch is ****ed up, but why won't anything install at all...?

Haseoga

04-29-2013

Incorrect on the PC comment. My mac is dual client (bootcamp) so i can switch between pc client/mac client at anytime I feel. Neither side will d/l.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseoga View Post
Incorrect on the PC comment. My mac is dual client (bootcamp) so i can switch between pc client/mac client at anytime I feel. Neither side will d/l.
I'm a little confused why the PC users aren't going crazy on the forums like the mac users are then.

Can someone else with a PC client double check? I'd do it myself, but at this point I've spent too much time on this issue as is, I've got some work to do

xWidget

04-29-2013

I'm on Windows and my client didn't want to update. I'm still on 3.5.13_03_29_13_41. My friend's Mac tried to and she got the unspecified error. I'm not quite sure what's up.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataslave View Post
I'm a little confused why the PC users aren't going crazy on the forums like the mac users are then.

Can someone else with a PC client double check? I'd do it myself, but at this point I've spent too much time on this issue as is, I've got some work to do
Everything's still working flawlessly on my side in terms of getting my client up and running, although I haven't actually tried playing a game yet.

maxaoe

04-29-2013

When this error occurs it says to either continue or send logs. What is the whole "Send Logs" thing mean. and why is it only Macs that are having this problem?