Invictrix's adc tier list

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

04-28-2013

So I made this tier list already and I didn’t include explanations for why champions were where were in the list which honestly was a mistake. Anyway here is the tier list. The order is heavily based on solo que win rates as well as their tournament performance in the recent LCS. If you think the list is perfect except for one champion that probably means the list is perfect, but you rate a champion much higher than most people due to personal preference which is fine. Everyone has certain champions they favor due to play style, background and even appearance. This list is also based heavily on a champion’s ability to win not on any other factors like safety of a champ or how fun they are. Anyway I wrote a lot so feel free to only read the carries that interest you. Also this list isn't intended to get anyone nerfed or buffed it's just to have a good tier list out there for carries since people seem to be coming to the forums and summoner's rift with some very flawed ideas of what is strong or not.

Strong carries-If you really want to win a game while playing adc these are your best pick options anyone playing an ok or bad carry is going to have a hard time beating you without some notable disparity in the quality of the supports or disparity in your skill levels. Good carries can go toe to toe decently.

Miss Fortune- I don’t think that anybody disputes the fact that Miss Fortune is the strongest carry in the game right now. Riot simply got fed up with people saying that a carry needed a dash to be viable and they nerfed the holy trinity of carries (Graves, Corki, Ezreal) while buffing Miss Fortune, and then the way black cleaver works with her ultimate and she is on top of the world. She is a midgame carry who isn’t too shabby late game, her passive gives her immense map mobility and she can actually do well without building any attack speed(one of the most expensive stats) whatsoever due to her ultimate scaling well with ad and being aoe. Her positioning is simple, and she is equally at home with small skirmishes and full scale team fights. Her w is also an attack speed steroid in a meta that charges a great deal of gold for attack speed items. Fortune simply doesn’t favor people trying to beat Miss Fortune in lane. She is great in Aoe comps, but she can squeeze into most comps simply, because she is so good. Now as true as all of that is I don’t recommend that people should main Miss Fortune since so many people do play her you can’t count on getting her. She is also at an extremely high risk of being nerfed like Ezreal was so any practice you put into mastering her is probably going to go down the drain when Morello strikes. Know how to beat and play against common picks like Miss Fortune and Lux, but play strong obscure champions like Twitch and Wukong. They won’t get nerfed and your practice will go further. Also you do get a bit of an obscurity bonus as people aren’t entirely sure what people like Twitch and Janna do. On the other hand if you play adc very rarely Miss Fortune is probably a good pick since she is simple to use and strong enough to give you an edge against more experienced adc players.

Varus-The greatest carry no one used to play. His popularity and his win rate have exploded lately due to tournament performance and just how strong he is. Not only is his ultimate a stun that spreads through the enemy team, but his passive gives him a great deal of free attack speed (one of the most expensive stats) all game. He also gets bonus magic damage on each of his auto attacks like Miss Fortune does. If Miss Fortune gets nerfed and he gets left alone he will become the strongest carry in the entire game. He also lacks any form of dash or escape. Some people feel he is a little too dependent on your team comp, but I have found he fits in well with both an aoe comp and a poke comp. He has a harder time in a dive comp unless your plan is to let the enemy jump him and then use his stun to hold them off while he runs. Still not the best carry for a dive comp.

Twitch- Twitch is interesting because his win rate is only a little bit lower than Miss Fortune and Varus, but his popularity continues to be much lower. He also isn’t well suited to tournament play although he has been picked a few times. Stealth is just better in solo que than competitive play. He does on hit true damage thanks to his passive and he gets a huge attack speed steroid every time he pops out of stealth. Spray and pray pretty much secures him a place as a hyper carry as well. It’s hard to say whether or not his popularity will pick up or not maybe a new skin will encourage people to try him again. If you are looking for a hidden op there is nobody more hidden than Twitch.

Ashe- The utility hyper carry is in a very strong place right now despite a widespread belief that she is underpowered. Her winrate is almost 52% and her tournament pickrate is low, but she won 5 out of the 9 games she was picked in for the EU LCS for a win rate of 55.6%. Her initiation is the best of all the carries and she is one of the few carries who actually can initiate. She does require your teammates to know what they are doing, and you need to be able to land the majority of your arrows to justify picking her. She is best used on premade teams where you want to support your jungler and toplaner by allowing them to close the gap easily with fleeing enemies. Lost fights against Ashe are also especially devastating as people who would normally have escaped can’t get away. Her best support is actually Nunu, but he was unfortunately nerfed. She does well with Blitzcrank and Sona as well.

Draven- Unlike Darius this champion is actually strong. Although Draven and Darius bot is actually fairly decent in solo que due to the sheer short range burst damage they can both put out. Draven’s damage continues to increase into late game and can rival people like Tristana, but his short range stops him from being a true hyper carry since he can’t poke safely most of the time. He can’t tumble around invisibly like Vayne either. I see a lot of fed Draven players having to hide behind their team twiddling their thumbs while a lot of not fed Caitlyn’s poke with impunity. On the other hand Draven is pretty much guaranteed to get a few kills early game to his awesome burst. His best supports are people like Thresh and Leona who can help him get kills or people like Nami who can boost his damage.

Good carries- These are mostly hyper carries that require a little to a lot more support from their teams. Their damage often exceeds that of the above carries, but the level of coordination they require to really shine is seldom seen in solo que and thus makes them better for coordinated play.

Kogmaw- Pretty much an absolute monster in terms of damage. He defines the word hyper carry. He does require time to get to that stage of his life cycle in the game though. You need to protect the caterpillar to get the butterfly basically. His best supports are people like Nami and Janna who can boost his damage as well as hold people off him with their cc. Probably the best carry for a protect comp. Protect the Kog is pretty much the stereotypical example of a protect comp.

Caitlyn- It is important to note that she was the strongest carry in the game for a while before Nunu got nerfed. She lacks attack speed steroids in a meta where attack speed is very expensive and that hurts her. With Nunu’s blood boil nerfed she is out of the top tier until he gets buffed again or Riot rolls out another support with an attack speed steroid. Caitlyn does have range though and that is something you just can’t buy. Her 650 range really hurts people like Graves, Ashe, Vayne, and Miss Fortune. Her best support is probably Janna at the moment although Lulu isn’t a bad pick either. She is best in a poke comp.

Tristana- Teemo’s girlfriend is a hyper carry who actually doesn’t need much from her team. She is pretty much the new Corki. Rushing blade of the Ruined King, Infinity Edge, and Statikk Shiv is a pretty strong and relatively cost effective build, and her 90% attack speed steroid is the best in the game. She actually doesn’t take well to a protect comp and can’t poke in a poke comp until the late game. She really shines in a dive comp since when your assassins dive the enemy carry she can just rocket jump away when the enemy team comes for her and if they make it to her sucks for them she has a knock back bazooka. By the time the enemy team has failed to catch her your assassins have already killed the enemy carry. The only problem Tristana has is she is dependent on her team not to feed like idiots in the early game, but doesn’t every champion have that problem?

Vayne- The love child of Batman and Lara Croft has more damage than any carry in the entire game and will probably continue to for the foreseeable future. If you want to run a protect comp and you don’t like Kogmaw she is really your only option. Vayne pretty much demands a protect comp and can’t fit in any other comp except maybe an aoe comp with lots of lock down like Amumu and Jarvan ults. I put her in good carries even though her solo que win rate has her much lower. Her tournament stats put her at 53% and I feel that is more accurate since she really isn’t made for solo que. If you know for sure that you’re going to get fed you should always pick Vayne as she snowballs harder than any other champion in the game. Her supports need to be tanks people who can protect her like Leona and Taric. Lulu also does a good job peeling for her.

ok carries-These carries aren’t bad, but they generally lack some things that the above groups have. If you play one of these carries consider upgrading to a similar, but more effective one for ranked play.

Graves- Placing Graves is hard since his tournaments stats are bizarre. His EU win rate is a towering 58% while his NA win rate is an abysmal 16%. His solo que win rate on the other hand is a lack luster 47%. Ultimately I decided to place him as ok your mileage may vary. His itemization didn’t necessarily get hit any harder than any other champion, but he did receive some hefty nerfs to his smoke screen and other abilities. If you do want to play him consider supports that make him tankier like Taric, Galio, and Soraka.

Ezreal- I realize people have some strong opinions on Ezreal, but his time has passed for the moment. Ezreal is still the safest carry, but that doesn’t help him secure wins. He can be played in a poke comp or a dive comp, but there are better carries than him for both roles. He does get tournament play regularly, but I feel that teams pick him out of fear rather than for any power he brings to the team. His win rate in tournaments is an abysmal 44-46%. Unless you know that the rest of your team is going to carry and that you just have to stay alive and not feed too bad to win I don’t see why you would pick Ezreal.

Sivir- Sivir really lacks a unified purpose. Her win rate is a balanced 49.5%, and she is an ok all around carry. Expect to see her shoot up in popularity and viability after her rework. She is also one of the few carries with an initiation since most people realize her ultimate means go in. During the kings of Europe Tournament she was the strongest carry in the game. She has since been nerfed, and needs a little push to climb back up into higher viability.

Bad carries-These carries are either extremely weak compared to the above alternatives or can’t even carry. The opportunity cost for picking any of them is just too high.

Corki- How the mighty have fallen. Probably the strongest carry in season 2 with only Ezreal having a chance to contest he is now one of the worst. He is totally outclassed by the very similar Tristana due to the substantial nerfs to his itemization. Trinity force was pretty much the pillow he laid his head on at night and Riot has made the item far weaker than it once was. Unlike Tristana he can’t get as much use out of the new Blade of the Ruined King either. He is either going to need to his items back or substantial buffs to get back to where he used to be. This pilot is grounded.

Quinn- Pretty good champion in Toplane, and that is really the problem she is more like a Teemo or a Jayce than a Vayne or Graves. Due to the number of games where I have seen a Quinn go 14/6/2 and lose I am in doubt that she can actually carry. It wouldn’t be the first time a champion was designed for one thing, but was better at another. She is more like a Leblanc who gets kills and hopes to end the game in 20 minutes or buy time for her late game allies. The problem is Quinn occupies the carry slot which is generally supposed to be the late game ally. Leblanc’s win rate is 43% and Quinn’s is 45% not the numbers I like to see when I play a champion. If you like Quinn play her the way she needs to be played top lane vs bruisers who lack gap closers.

Urgot- Just plain over nerfed by the Riot balance team. He still has some uses in 1 vs 2 lanes if you can give him blue buff, but how many games in solo que do you know they are going to 2 vs 1. I wouldn’t recommend playing him until Riot reverts most of his nerfs. Caitlyn pretty much fulfills his role better.

SCTetra

04-28-2013

Tristana?

OT Shadow

04-29-2013

the problem with quinn is nobody on her team knows how to play with her properly. quin should be able to sneak around the back of fights and burst the adc and apc. i picked up a penta kill two days ago with her by doing this. she is under estimated soo much its sad but it coems down to her teams knowledge of how she works because she is melee or range. her range passive is nuts on tanks

Invictrix

04-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCTetra View Post
Tristana?
Sorry about that. She was on there, but I forgot to put a space between the end of Caitlyn's entry and the start of Tristana's so they blended together. It's fixed now.

Me Is Happy

04-29-2013

Okay, I have to disagree with alot of things but there are some that i agree on.

Miss Fortune - Shines in early game laning and does well with an aoe team comp. Now, she has to absolutely crush her laning partner or risk being outscaled by every other adc unless her team is an aoe comp. Doesnt deserve the title "Strong Carry"

Varus - Okay, he is actually good. Provides two forms of cc, one aoe slow and another branching snare. Also does percent health damage which is very valuable vs aoe teams. Strong Carry

Ashe - Situational pick, shines in teams that need an initiator and already has enough damage to trade their adc's damage for utility. (Not a Hyper Carry). But is very squishy and is very bad vs dive team enemy comps. Good Carry

Kog'maw - The only carry worthy of having a game plan built around him "Protect the Kog".
An absolute monster late game, only twitch does more damage than Kog'maw. But has problems getting to late game if put behind, also very squishy. Good Carry

Caitlyn - Very strong early game harass and carries hard mid game if fed.But that is about all she brings. Falls somewhat off late game. Also loses against more aggressive lane partners with very high early game damage(Draven,Tristana,Quinn(Yes,Quinn)).

Tristana - My absolute favorite carry. Almost always win my lanes with her. Very strong early game and late game but has a lackluster mid game. Escape also refreshes on kills and assists. Also has two forms of escapes, both of which can be placed on top of each other to create an uncloseable gap. Strong Carry

Vayne - Fu*ck vayne, that is all. OP level 6, dont engage unless you can burst her from 100-0 in 3 seconds Good Carry

Graves - You cant kill this guy unless he screws up, and he will kill you in a few seconds.
Tanky, has insane burst and a dash that lowers its cd on attacks. He has low range though so abuse it. Good Carry

Ezreal - Outbursted, very squishy, and has a hard time coming back from a losing lane. Although he is still safe to say, the safest adc. Can easily win wars of attrition at bot lane and then close the kill, but cannot carry as hard as other carries with the same amount of feed. Also brings alot of soft cc once he gets iceborne gauntlet. Very decision making dependent carry. Ok-Strong Carry

Sivir - Okay, Sivir is a commonly misused carry. In my experience she works best as a bruiser (built similarly to GP) since she already brrings all the dps she needs in W and Ult.
But if built fully as an adc can easily win bot as her damage in the early levels is insane. Good Carry

Quinn - Insane damage potential 1 v 1. Has a very strong escape and chasing ability. And also may i add, the only carry able to 1 v 1 vayne late game. Requires to win bot lane though, unless you want to be instagibbed in teamfights. Ok Carry

Urgot - Not an adc, wtf. Not a carry

Corki - Win lane, die in teamfight. Enemy team wins. Bad Carry

Best Zod NA

04-29-2013

Quote:
Now, she has to absolutely crush her laning partner or risk being outscaled by every other adc
What makes MF strong isn't her ult (which is great early/mid) but that she has a healing reduction coupled with an AS steroid. She scales as well if not better than a majority of AD carries.

Invictrix

04-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OT Shadow View Post
the problem with quinn is nobody on her team knows how to play with her properly. quin should be able to sneak around the back of fights and burst the adc and apc. i picked up a penta kill two days ago with her by doing this. she is under estimated soo much its sad but it coems down to her teams knowledge of how she works because she is melee or range. her range passive is nuts on tanks
Quinn is getting buffed pretty substantially next patch and I think that will help her move up a few categories.

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
Quinn is getting buffed pretty substantially next patch and I think that will help her move up a few categories.
Sivir is getting buffed too, I'm actually excited for those ones

just4GG

04-29-2013

Since picks are always situational, tier lists are nothing but traps for beginners...

Invictrix

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4GG View Post
Since picks are always situational, tier lists are nothing but traps for beginners...
I really don't feel that is true.

Certain champions are without a doubt stronger than others as evidenced by higher win rates for those champions.

A win rate is a quantifiable piece of data that you can easily order into a list.

It's as simple as weighing 8 people and putting them in order from heaviest to lightest.

The tier list itself can then be used to help you create your roster of champions along with your ability to win with that champion and even the availability of that champion for the people who don't own it.

As everyone's ability to perform with a champion varies the user of the tier list needs to make those determinations for his/herself.

Then the user also needs to learn the counters for that champion as well as the champions that that champion counters.

The tier list is necessary to make all that happen, but the user has to do considerable work on their own as well.

Since champions become stronger and weaker due to patches and meta shifts the tier list and the roster need to be revised as needed.

There are noob traps in this game(tier 1 and 2 runes, Heimerdinger, certain mastery point slots etc.) , but tier lists aren't one of them.