Too nervous to play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevstyleZ

04-29-2013

Slowly immerse yourself in pvp matches. After all, practice makes perfect; what better practice can you get other than pitting yourselves against other players? The more challenging your foes, the more you will learn. Think of it that way.

BanjoStory

04-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docterfreeze View Post
The game matches you up with players on your level so getting yelled at is a non-factor.
Except for the glut of smurf accounts that you encounter in low levels.

I'm level 20, and I still get kind of nervous to play pvp matches. I hate the idea of being the guy that loses his lane hard and costs the team a game. Once you get into the matches, you realize that that practically never happens, though.

The biggest shock after playing the bots for me was probably just how unpredictable and aggressive people are, comparatively. For example, I played Teemo for a while. If you hit one of the bots with Blinding Shot, 9/10 times it'll turn and run the other direction. People don't do that, when you get in trouble, you can't just throw out a Blinding Shot and be safe, because they're going to keep attacking you once they smell blood.

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-30-2013

Im almost lvl 20 and I still feel anxiety when I'm going into a PvP game! You just gotta go for it and ignore the players that rage at you and maybe explain early in the game that you are newer and any tips they had for you would be appreciated!

Just try not to die (sounds obvious) but really as long as you aren't feeding the enemy team you should do ok the more time you spend alive and farming, the better you're going to be for your team!

Good luck man and don't sweat it!

cindobeast

04-30-2013

Well you don't want to play bots up to level 30 then play against real people and **** your pants so, just do it! I just learned by playing more and more, reading guides, watching videos etc.

NinjaTonyz

04-30-2013

I never played bots when I first started ( I think I played 2 games in which I did it to level up ). For the most part, people won't yell at you since it's probably their first couple of games. If people are yelling at you, then you can tell them to stop smurfing to make themselves feel good. I'm helping my friend level up at the moment so you can always just us. IGN is iNinjaTony.

Girls Moaning

04-30-2013

im gold and only played ranked for 3 days but ill be shooting for plat soon. This is my smurf i want to get to 30 so i can use this for duo ranked. im down to teach you how to play just add me in game

SlashingFury

04-30-2013

There is a mute button for if people yell at you.And you can find people on this forum that will play with you.After a while you will be able to play with randoms and do good.

Dieskrad

04-30-2013

I'm a lvl 30 forever-stuck on bronze, so I made a smurf account (alternate account) to play with low levs, I can tell most of the people I've played with don't even talk back to you.

Dieskrad

04-30-2013

Oh, and (sorry for double-posting) I can play with you guys, I'll make another account to play if you want.

DetrikXanthos

04-30-2013

I don't mind helping teach anyone a few things if I'm free so feel free to add me.