Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Too nervous to play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

muse9191

04-28-2013

I was in the same boat as you. I went to about level 10 through bot games out of sheer nervousness. I finally gave it a shot, and had a blast! Go for it!

Zerglinglol

04-28-2013

Quote:
eristiel:
Hey, so I'm a level 6 player, and I'm not very good. I only play with bots and I know that it will be bad for me in the long run, but I'm too nervous to play with others because I don't want to get yelled at for not knowing how to play. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this anxiety problem?

You'll get yelled at regardless of how well you play. People on this game are emo ****s. It's fine though, just ignore them and neg them after games. Eventually after enough games you'll get better. Intermediate AI games are decent practice so keep working on them until you feel comfortable going PvP...

GnrlDllar

04-28-2013

I want to say half of the reason your anxious are due to the people you play with.

I have a level 30 account but haven't played sense about a month ago. I came back just doing the occasional bot game but got really bored after a while. I created this account to rebuild my "thick skin", as you need one just play this game.

Go through until level 10 if you want, and just jump in a game and see how you do. I don't know how the match making system matches after just playing bots, but you might get in a game where you lose. Just keep trying, have fun and maybe friend some people in the process.

omgboom

04-28-2013

To the OP. I felt the same way as you did when I started. Then when I got into normal games it was just frustrating because of how negatively people act towards a new or not so good player. However, regardless if you're good or bad, people will always be angry because the game isn't going their way. Some teams you'll find you just click really well and lose the game, others you'll be arguing throughout the whole match and win. Just be a positive player and play with like minded people rather than becoming a wannabee elitist arse.

LtSmashFSP

04-29-2013

That is the biggest problem with the game right now, a lot of the people lack consideration or are just rude. However if you want to get good practice in inter bots is actually a good practice ground. They do a decent job last hitting and just seem to generate gold randomly which means unless you crush them in 25 minutes they can just all of a sudden pull out clutch plays. You should probably practice all the roles first because you may be forced into support which is one of the easiest roles to get yelled at while playing. I recommend trying a pvp match anyways though. I am not that good but if you want when I pvp I end up with a full party of friends now and you wont get yelled at so you can add me. I am LtSmashFSP on here and in the actual game hopefully I will see you on the Fields of Justice summoner.

Rinto

04-29-2013

9/10 if someone is angry with you it's best to simply tell them "I'm new and still trying to learn." It can change people's attitude very quickly and they start to be more helpful. You should play with others every once in a while. I got to level 14 through bot games and it made my life very difficult. You don't always have to play pvp, but you should certainly play a few every once in a while because you learn and make more friends that way.

Knight of Virtue

04-29-2013

Given the huge numbers of people that play the game, someone at some point will get upset at you for even a simple mistake (or sometimes they'll even get mad at you for their own mistake). My best suggestion is try to find some friends to play with. If you don't know anyone then just play some PvP matches and if you play with someone who seems like they'd be fun to play with, add them to your friends list and ask if they want to play a few games with you, if you end up not getting along with them, try some other people, the game supposedly has millions of players, odds are you'll find someone you enjoy playing with and that will make the game a lot more fun.

SlashingFury

04-29-2013

Play with friends,also their are people who would be willing to play with you who are nice on the forums,just ask.Also you normally don't need to use this but if people are annoying you,you can mute them.

knivesoutt

04-29-2013

Add me as DarkBite that's my lvl 11 account, i'll be glad to help you

Docterfreeze

04-29-2013

The game matches you up with players on your level so getting yelled at is a non-factor.