Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Too nervous to play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eristiel

04-28-2013

Hey, so I'm a level 6 player, and I'm not very good. I only play with bots and I know that it will be bad for me in the long run, but I'm too nervous to play with others because I don't want to get yelled at for not knowing how to play. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this anxiety problem?

Lt Scout

04-28-2013

Find people on this forum that will help you play and learn the game. There are some really nice people here, just ask and some will help you. It would help if you had skype/TS/Mumble/whatever to help communicate with them, since typing can be a real pain in the arse.

Wolollo

04-28-2013

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm only level 4 or 5. I played this game in beta, but just re-picked it back up a few days ago, bought a lot of RP and loaded up on Champs. But, now I'm stuck playing bot games because of my skill level. Although, I'm playing five players vs 5 bots, same difference.

Just keep playing the bot game with people until you feel you at least know your role, and once you feel comfortable with that role, move into your first player match.

Also, playing player vs bot matches, I've found quite a few other new players that are a bit nervous to play player vs player matches. So, you're not alone

eristiel

04-28-2013

Quote:
Lt Scout:
Find people on this forum that will help you play and learn the game. There are some really nice people here, just ask and some will help you. It would help if you had skype/TS/Mumble/whatever to help communicate with them, since typing can be a real pain in the arse.

I'll see if I can do that, thanks for the advice!

eristiel

04-28-2013

Quote:
Wolollo:
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm only level 4 or 5. I played this game in beta, but just re-picked it back up a few days ago, bought a lot of RP and loaded up on Champs. But, now I'm stuck playing bot games because of my skill level. Although, I'm playing five players vs 5 bots, same difference.

Just keep playing the bot game with people until you feel you at least know your role, and once you feel comfortable with that role, move into your first player match.

Also, playing player vs bot matches, I've found quite a few other new players that are a bit nervous to play player vs player matches. So, you're not alone

I'm glad I'm not alone. Thanks for the help.

CrescentNight

04-28-2013

You never know until u try! have a go at pvp matches, people are generally quite nice actually, and you can always mute/ignore the ones that arent.

Illuminisin

Recruiter

04-28-2013

I was told before I started to just get right into it.

I played maybe 2 or Co-Op games and then I jumped right into real games.

You get the hang of it quite fast Listen to your team ^_^

Homosexy

04-28-2013

I'm almost level 25, and I'm still nervous about playing PvP matches yet that's the majority of game's I've played. I suppose I lack a group of friends to team up and play matches with.

Aureo Buendia

04-28-2013

I'm in the same situation.Level 30 mostly through bots. I enjoy it well enough, but bots are getting boring ("RIOT!! MAKE HARDER BOTS&quot and easy.

GabeMiesta

04-28-2013

Its perfectly fine to play bots for the first 8 or so levels. But, really the best way to get over the nervousness is practice. The more you play PVP, the less nervous you will become. It will be very daunting at first, but you'll learn soon. It's always a good idea to ask about anything in the game too, even if you think you'll look like a noob. Everyone starts somewhere. I sent you a friend request, so add me if you want some help/guidance.

YouTube tutorials are also really great.