Top Lane Champs for me?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnhPhilong

04-28-2013

What are some good top lane champions?
Note: I'm more of a aggressive champion, but i can adapt to different type of champions.

Madraac

04-28-2013

Any of your typical bruisers would fit your wants then. Examples of some aggressive bruisers would be (no particular order):

1. Darius
2. Garen (He swings back and forth from aggression to healing and waiting for his abilities to come off CD)
3. Volibear
4. Renekton
5. Nasus (Slow start as you build up your Q, but can be very aggressive mid - late game)
6. Olaf (Forced to be aggressive as the more lost health the better he gets)
7. Jarvan - most use him as a jungler now, but very good solo top as well
8. Jayce - allows you to play numerous variations due to ranged / melee switch
9. WuKong
10. Irelia

Those are just some of the more agressive tops that I would suggest. Several of them also can be effective Junglers as well.

AnhPhilong

04-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madraac View Post
Any of your typical bruisers would fit your wants then. Examples of some aggressive bruisers would be (no particular order):

1. Darius
2. Garen (He swings back and forth from aggression to healing and waiting for his abilities to come off CD)
3. Volibear
4. Renekton
5. Nasus (Slow start as you build up your Q, but can be very aggressive mid - late game)
6. Olaf (Forced to be aggressive as the more lost health the better he gets)
7. Jarvan - most use him as a jungler now, but very good solo top as well
8. Jayce - allows you to play numerous variations due to ranged / melee switch
9. WuKong
10. Irelia

Those are just some of the more agressive tops that I would suggest. Several of them also can be effective Junglers as well.
What about Zac?

The Lord Mayor

04-28-2013

Zac is a late game bruiser.His early game health costs and low base damages make him relatively weak. With some hp+ap he could be somewhat effective mid game but he is definitely a strong late gamer

Gwydior

04-28-2013

I would say that Garen, Voli, and Darius are the gods of top lane. Just from my experience, I couldn't recommend them enough.

vortical42

04-29-2013

If you are going to concentrate on top lane, you want at least 2 (1 main and 1 alt) champs from 3 general categories: Burst, Poke, and Sustain.

Burst- Can quickly throw down a large chunk of damage. Good vs Sustain. Poor vs Poke.
Good Burst tops: Jax, Tryndamere, Riven.

Poke- Chips away at the enemy over time, usually from range. Good vs Burst. Poor vs Sustain.
Good Poke tops: Teemo, Jayce.

Sustain- Tanky champs with heal or lifesteal abilities. Good vs Poke. Poor vs Burst.
Good Sustain tops: Cho'gath, Yorik, Vlad.

AnhPhilong

04-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortical42 View Post
If you are going to concentrate on top lane, you want at least 2 (1 main and 1 alt) champs from 3 general categories: Burst, Poke, and Sustain.

Burst- Can quickly throw down a large chunk of damage. Good vs Sustain. Poor vs Poke.
Good Burst tops: Jax, Tryndamere, Riven.

Poke- Chips away at the enemy over time, usually from range. Good vs Burst. Poor vs Sustain.
Good Poke tops: Teemo, Jayce.

Sustain- Tanky champs with heal or lifesteal abilities. Good vs Poke. Poor vs Burst.
Good Sustain tops: Cho'gath, Yorik, Vlad.
What would be better Kha 'Zix or Riven?

vortical42

04-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnhPhilong View Post
What would be better Kha 'Zix or Riven?
I don't play either that much, but I would tend to say Riven. Kaz is ok in top lane, but he's better when played mid or jungle.

S1GH

04-30-2013

Renekton
+ No mana costs
+ A lot of AOE to farm easily
+ hard crowd control (stun)
+ Double gap closer (allows high mobility and easy harass without taking damage back)
+ Inherently tanky

- Heavily dependent on auto attacks so he's easily kited
- He doesn't scale very well into late game (no real steroids, long-ish cooldowns in team fights)
- Pushes the lane when building Fury or harassing with his combo
- A bit of a learning curve (his fury takes a while to get used to and its easy to overestimate your ability to confim kills, me personally, it took me a day or two of straight renekton games to get it into my head that I need build fury before blowing my combo, and I'm still dying too much as I push the limits to teach myself what Renekton is capable of in lane)

xChee

04-30-2013

jax is the god of level 6 duelling if you like the balls deep dota off tank carry kind of champ