[Guide] Amumu - The Sad Mummy

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Windzy

Master Recruiter

08-10-2009

I like flash / boost

Windzy

Master Recruiter

08-10-2009

Sorry I have been slacking on replying on my own guide. I went on vacation for a couple weeks and replied when I could. I am going to get back to getting those screenshots for proper bandage toss and secrets. If you have any questions I can freely answer them now sorry for the delay.

Ryoshi

08-10-2009

No problem Psyko! The guide is great! Please let me know when it is updated, I'll add the updated version to the Comprehensive guide.

Zaysus

08-12-2009

I followed your Amumu guide today when I picked him up on a random. I'd played him once before but didn't do so hot. I ended up getting two easy, early kills on Twitch and Annie, and finished 7-0 with 10 assists. I liked the build a lot. Once I maxed out Despair and had the Sunfire cloak I found that it added up to a significant amount of attrition in group battles. Great for tanking and putting out significant damage to annoy, and I found killing runners was incredibly easy with bandage toss.

Thanks

Windzy

Master Recruiter

08-12-2009

No problem and for those that have tried this build and havnt realized it yet... Your job as amumu isnt to get kills but its to splash the damage so your carries can well... carry :P ASSISTS ftw

Lollerman

08-12-2009

Does Despair activate tower aggro?

I don't get Despair early because I'm under the impression that my enemies can walk into the range and have towers shoot me while I'm not even attacking him.

Also, because I spam bandage toss.

Windzy

Master Recruiter

08-12-2009

I personally think 1 rank of bandage toss is nice because I do not mass AP so its just a stun. And I will test the despair thing out for you because I know sunfire cloak doesnt activate towers but ill check on despair for you.

Veigar

Producer

08-12-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

*A wild Veigar appears*
"Sunfire cape as well as any damage done to an enemy champion will trigger a call for help"
*Veigar has feinted*

Windzy

Master Recruiter

08-12-2009

Yep after testing it does indeed activate the call for help

Lollerman

08-12-2009

I knew sunfire did, but I don't usually get that until ages later.

Well yeah, so just a little heads up; it's worth noting if you take the skill that early, it'll bring certain risks, but it obviously depends on who you're laning with (for example, Eve/Twitch, and you don't have Clairvoyance, Despair could be good for repelling their repeated back stab attempts)

It's a good thing that Despair isn't wasted even if you learn it at later levels, considering it's based on %, so it actually does better damage late game than early game. Although, depending on your build, you may start to take it early. Despair helps a lot with jungling if you take Fortify.

123456 ... 8