Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

need help with shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

11-12-2010

hey, i've been trying to pick up shaco, and i have no problem jungling with him, but getting ganks in is a huge issue. i have no problem coordinating ganks in general, but when my opponents aren't playing like morons, and they know a jungling shaco is roaming, i find it absolutely impossible to gank anybody. they just don't push their lane, last hit, and stay closeish to the towers, making my job terrible. so i just farm and try to backdoor, and usually lose (i am losing most of my shaco games sadly, even though i think im doing my job). any tips?

my build is cloth armor -> madreds -> wriggles lantern, and then ghostblade with red/green elixirs up and neutral buffs. usually get merc threads, and after ghostblade i typically get either an atmas/sunfire or an infinity edge. using hp quints and armor/mr runes with magic pen reds and 21/0/9 setup.

if anybody who's pro with him has any vids i could see, i would love to see them.

Smellis

11-12-2010

well in the really rare case that both lanes, both sides are last hitting and being defensive (and boy is it rare) you will have a hard time ganking. Your only chance will be to communicate with your team and pick a target and have them blow everything they got. Preferably you can wait til the side lanes are lvl 6 (you should be higher due to jungle exp) so they can secure a kill easier.

Then again you dont even need to score a kill, showing yourself will make most people immediately retreat and thus you give your laners domination over the lane and make their enemies weaker.

TravagGames

11-12-2010

if you dont get infinifty edge your building him wrong

Insemination

11-12-2010

the best advice i can give you is this:

When you decieve try to walk behind the champion and hit them from the back. That way you will deal alot more extra dmg..

Slithy

11-12-2010

Uhh my dumb advice is try normal lanning. I've played around 100 games of Shaco. I tried jungling with him and I didn't like it. So I just do normal lanning. It's still possible to dominate enemy team with normal lanning though.

snipershooter

11-12-2010

um i go with pure dmg no infinity

GENERAL NUTBAKED

11-12-2010

if you go pure damage and no survivability, don't you often times get melted in 0.01 seconds?

angiepolska

11-12-2010

IE is +80dmg.

You shouldn't pop in the middle of a teamfight, wait for your moment, and finish off a squichy, low hp target, ..

RedLeader X

11-14-2010

something you should understand about shaco is he is an assain... and not only does he benefit hugely from AD, AP is also extremely useful.
the E deals 200 + 1:1 AP + 1:1 AD from weapons and some more. the boxes can be great traps and stealth gives him an autocrit.
try start with doran's ring and a health pot. get E first. And lane normaly, play harass with E, then when they are low jump in behind them with Q, you should manage to get the kill if you work well with your lane partner.
In the early game it is very important to be able to lane and keep your health up, many times i buy up to 7 health pots when i first return to base, use Q to jump in and surprise gank, E is a reasonable slow.
Aim to build berserkers and then work towards Hextech Gunblade, the item is perfect for shaco, giving another active slow useful in earlier game, 70 AD with 15% lifesteal & 65 AP with 13% spell vamp. Get 3 Hextech Gunblade's from there it doesn't really matter.
By 3 Hextech's you lifesteal and spell vamp are pretty much maxed and Q will deal at least 650 with offensive masteries, i suddest AP per lvl Glyphs, dodge seals, and attack speed marks, i have a quintessence of each. So far almost every single game as shaco i have carried my team.