Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

High Gold Player’s Analysis of Bronze and Silver Leagues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shattered Clock

04-30-2013

Quote:
1v9GG:
Actually, I went Riven and Irelia mid. They slice through squishies like butter.

I would suggest something like going attack damage reds on soraka and poking the enemy ADC all of the time. Typically, people at that elo don't understand the concept of sustain and the importance of levels, which means they would be more than willing to back base. Remember, each level provides hundreds of gold worth of stats. It's very, very important to get xp.

I've had attack reds on my support build for a while now. I find it really helps when I'm running a poke comp. Although for poke purposes I'm a bit more fond of Sona since her passive can really turn a losing situation around. Although I am digging Nami for her zoning and harass purposes+CC machine.

In terms of sustain, this is why I run very AP heavy supports(300+ AP). It lets me heal my carry for more while using less mana, but people just want me to rush tanky aura items instead because "muh meta." I'm not against grabbing aura items, but adding some extra damage to bot lane has given me more wins than losses.

suprachiasmatic

05-01-2013

Quote:
Gabelous:
Positioning sometimes relies on your tank/initiator. If they initiate in a very poor position then you are either useless/food, or you lose the fight because of time trying to get into a decent position.

I ADC'd one game where our jungler initiated from the wraith area into the mid lane, from their jungle. At that point he out only rushed out of my range and placed the teamfight completely out of position from me but it also but me between him and THEIR ADC/APC.

well... if its fiddle, from wraith camps works great...so sneaky. but im talking about the mid lane farming wraiths while their turret dies..now, dont get me wrong, im not trying to sound uppity..i've done it too..sometimes those damn wraiths just wont die

cLHissorryMIDSUP

05-01-2013

Oh man Lets all Talk about our individual dillemas with certain champions and positions... Im sure you will be gold 1 in no time.

Sadly, there i no helping these people if they are focused on 1 champion or 1 role...

This man was talking about a GLOBAL THOUGHT PROCESS that you ALL need to have and realize, HELP YOUR TEAM, ALWAYS HELP YOUR TEAM, DONT RAGE, BAD GAMES HAPPEN, AND QUIT WATCHING PRO STREAMS AND BEING ALL LIKE, WHOAH PLAY LIKE HIM.. PRO PLAYERS PLAY LIKE TAHT BECAUSE THEY ARE PLAYING AGAINST PROS, IF A PRO PLAYER PLAYS AGAINST BRONZE/SILVER, THEY ARE JUST GOING TO GO FOR KILLS OVER CS, AND STILL RACK UP CS OVER AND OVER, BUT AFTER THEY CLEAR ALL LANES OF ENEMYCHAMPS.

capslock = nobody reads it. only the smart guys will.

suprachiasmatic

05-01-2013

Quote:
cLHissorryMIDSUP:
Oh man Lets all Talk about our individual dillemas with certain champions and positions... Im sure you will be gold 1 in no time.

Sadly, there i no helping these people if they are focused on 1 champion or 1 role...

This man was talking about a GLOBAL THOUGHT PROCESS that you ALL need to have and realize, HELP YOUR TEAM, ALWAYS HELP YOUR TEAM, DONT RAGE, BAD GAMES HAPPEN, AND QUIT WATCHING PRO STREAMS AND BEING ALL LIKE, WHOAH PLAY LIKE HIM.. PRO PLAYERS PLAY LIKE TAHT BECAUSE THEY ARE PLAYING AGAINST PROS, IF A PRO PLAYER PLAYS AGAINST BRONZE/SILVER, THEY ARE JUST GOING TO GO FOR KILLS OVER CS, AND STILL RACK UP CS OVER AND OVER, BUT AFTER THEY CLEAR ALL LANES OF ENEMYCHAMPS.

capslock = nobody reads it. only the smart guys will.

lmao at this guy..so funny...didnt read a thing..what a troll

suprachiasmatic

05-01-2013

Quote:
Cavo:
5 health + 4 mana = 9 potions. Or you could get an extra ward since you're going to use it later.

This comment is brought to you by all the bronze players who are so good that they are correcting a post someone made about potions pre-nerf.

hey cavo, baby, i've missed u. lets duo..plz show me the way, my love

(the lovely comment below doesnt realize how facetious i'm being here..ole cavo and i went round and round on a previous forum post. BTW, cavo, riot fixed the issue i was annoyed with in the latest patch)

cLHissorryMIDSUP

05-01-2013

Quote:
suprachiasmatic:
lmao at this guy..so funny...didnt read a thing..what a troll

Lol, you're in silver for sure. thats why i wrote in all caps.. see who would actually read the point of the thread.. which the first 3 sentences didn't even have caps in them.. divided by Enter tabs... then you double post about some guy posting in the thread, asking him to duo que... talk about being completely off topic.. You sir are the troll, and need to not play this game, this game is about reading, and communication skills.. you have none.

@$$ KISSING does not get you good.. HEY BRO LETS DUO QUE I LOVE YOU, YOURE SO GOOD, I MISS YOU!!! <-- gets you no where.

suprachiasmatic

05-01-2013

i actually had kind of a eureka moment recently re: why jungle and support are such scary roles for noobs..its because those roles are like next to impossible without tier 3 runes. I think that it would be helpful if there was some item or buff you could get so jungle and supp were viable level 1-19. We are slow to warm up to jungling because we remember dying to blue and jungle taking soooo long. We are hesitant for a while to supp cuz we recall how poor we were..a simple item or leveling up buff would go so far and would really round out the 1-30 experience and ready folks for real games...anyway, just an idea..feedback is appreciated

suprachiasmatic

05-01-2013

Quote:
cLHissorryMIDSUP:
Lol, you're in silver for sure. thats why i wrote in all caps.. see who would actually read the point of the thread.. which the first 3 sentences didn't even have caps in them.. divided by Enter tabs... then you double post about some guy posting in the thread, asking him to duo que... talk about being completely off topic.. You sir are the troll, and need to not play this game, this game is about reading, and communication skills.. you have none.

@$$ KISSING does not get you good.. HEY BRO LETS DUO QUE I LOVE YOU, YOURE SO GOOD, I MISS YOU!!! <-- gets you no where.

ooh wow you really honored me there..no hon..bronze three..been up and down bronze and keep landing in bronze three. Love it here..its where i belong..got a map awareness issue i gotta deal with..thats the truth

Shattered Clock

05-01-2013

Quote:
suprachiasmatic:
i actually had kind of a eureka moment recently re: why jungle and support are such scary roles for noobs..its because those roles are like next to impossible without tier 3 runes. I think that iot would be helpful if there was some item or buff you could get so jungle and supp were viable level 1-19. We are slow to warm up to jungling because we remember dying to blue and jungle taking soooo long. We are hesitant for a while to supp cuz we recall how poor we were..a simple item or leveling up buff would go so far and would really round out the 1-30 experience and ready folks for real games...anyway, just an idea..feedback is appreciated

Support is scary because you are usually the squishiest person on the entire team with the least damage output and no real escape methods. You will be constantly focused in every teamfight and no one likes dying.

You will be blamed for every ADC death/bot lane gank fail, told to ward more, demanded to heal people, and generally abused by d-bags because most people view support as the "babysitter," role that does nothing except ward and provide heals to the team (**** those people).

suprachiasmatic

05-01-2013

i love playing support. I play zyra and thresh. But I love it because from 1-30 i didnt waste IP on champions, i saved for runes. I also learned what to do as a supp..how to harrass..actually though now its all about me learning to use my skills to peel and auto attacks to harrass...but whatever..

My first experience was as soraka. I leveled q first..i still shudder at the thought. i hated support..to be honest..i still hate jungle..i recall dying twice in a row as cho trying to get blue then being invaded at red..so funny and scary at the same time