Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] Easier to Target in Crowded Situations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enervatia

12-08-2009

The problem is that it can be very easy to hit the wrong character in a crowded situation.

This is particularly irksome when trying to cast a buff on a friendly player and hitting the wrong one.

Targetting enemies is usually pretty easy, but after blitzcrank's air hit, I found the zilean's slow would almost always target a friendly unit instead of the airborn enemy.

I would suggest the ability to map keys to select the friendly players. The most obvious way to do it would be [modifier] 1-5 target friendly players with corresponding numbers.

Another option would be that when the range indicator appears, all players in range have a letter or number hover over their heads or next to their hp bars which would correspond to the key that would target the spell to them.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rahler

12-08-2009

It would also be nice if there was some sort of modifier key that made you only/never target minions. I can't tell you how many times I've clicked DEAD-CENTER on a minion to last-hit it with a spell, only to have the spell fir at a champ that was in melee range with the minion. Or the opposite, although that doesn't seem to happen as often (not sure if that's just 'cause I fire more spells at minions or because chaps attract targeting more though)