Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[RP Event] 1.0 - A Champion is Born ~ An Ionian Celebration

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K D Bonez

11-12-2010

((Skribbles was conscripted =3 . . . and intoxicated?))

As much as Kalis would love to get a moment alone with Mrs. Reira, it seems the fate are denying him at every turn. At least with this latest inconviniece it's something of an intrest. This man in armor wishes to challenge the new champion, Irelia, to a duel? "How reminicant . . . and what an opportunity" now that he thinks about it. Telling Reira that he would be right back, Kalis makes his way to the stage where this "Pern" has confronted the Will of the Blades.

"I for one believe that this Duel would be a marvelous idea" he began. "No doubt dear Irelia did not come here expecting battle, but as a Champion, she must be willing to take to a fight at any given moment. Such is the life of a Champion my dear" he said with his trademark sinister sneer. "Not to mention" he continued "This . . . man, shall we say? Seems eager to test his metal" he said, to not a single laugh (which aggrevated him). "Wouldn't it be interesting if we could find a potential Champion Aspirant here tonight as well?" he finished, seeing nods from various members of the crowd and a few Summoners. "As far at the battle arena, I am sure everyone saw my abilities earlier with that unfortuant incident with the Guards" he said, bowing his head and placing his hand over his black, corrupt heart as if to be sorrowful. "I will be able to set up a small Arena, in the air if you want, for these two to show their prowess!" he finished, hearing cheers from the various members of the crowd in proposition of the idea.

All the while, Kalis might be getting farther away from his ultimate goal of the night, but to see the new Ionian champion in action would be very benifical to the up comming rematch. "That's right, show me your secrets" he fiendishly thought to himself. "Show me your secrets so I may crush you later."

Skribbles

Recruiter

11-12-2010

((@Dracorya: If you haven't read any L.B. in the JoJ, don't take offense, he's not exactly a "people person".))

He inhaled deeply, bracing himself against the urge to do harm. He turned. The girl he faced was easier on the eyes than he'd expected, although it could have been the alcohol. Bless Gragas for his miracle concoctions. Time to answer.

"Oh hello, it's a true pleasure to meet you."

The response was worn and comfortable, his typical response for people with whom it was not at all a pleasure to meet. He looked at her idly for a moment, wondering if she would say anything. She stared at him dully with eyes he had come to realize meant that he was supposed to direct the conversation. He had never really determined whether this was a result of starstruck awe or timidity based on his brusque reputation; a reputation that did not repel people nearly as effectively as he'd hoped.

"Lovely night, isn't it? The thing I love most about Ionia is the clean air."

Silence. After a quick appraisal of the girl, he felt confident she was a native.

"I hope you don't take for granted your distance from Zaun. I have the feeling Zaunites would just as soon brew themselves some gills so they could more thoroughly immerse themselves in liquid chemical waste."

He paused, appreciating that he'd gone there from 'lovely night'. The girl who'd addressed him dutifully maintained her blank stare. He wondered if she was perhaps having some sort of low-key aneurism. He fantasized briefly about being able to cause such a bout at will. Oh the possibilities.

"You look like a young summoner, I hope the League has been treating you well..."

Lu Caos

11-12-2010

Lu chuckled at Kavis's words turning to face him.

"The air? Are you sure that's such a good idea? I mean the barriers could hardly stand up against me, if you think they could stand up to a pair of champions.." His voice was free of malice or any sort of spite, more of the kind of tone a friend might take when poking fun at another friend. "Though I must say I am rather against the idea of a fight here during the festivities, I suppose if the good maiden agrees then I have no right to stop her though."

Lu would then look around perhaps looking for something to do, or perhaps someone to talk to. His gaze passing over the gathered champions, many of which he has had the pleasure of summoning in the past, a small smile appears on his lips as he swirls his drink.

Fulgr1m

11-12-2010

Fulgrim was appalled to hear people cheering at the idea of a duel in such a serene and peaceful place. But as he looked over the crowd he saw that the only people actually cheering were Noxians and Zaunites.

'...Of course' he mumbled to himself.

While General Bonez may have been sincere about the idea, Fulgrim could tell that the General didn't want it to happen just for the show. He would naturally want to see the newest champion in battle and find any weaknesses for the coming battle between Noxus and Ionia.

'Wonder if he's ever worked with Swain?' Fulgrim thought to himself before stepping forward after another man was finished addressing the General.

"Why General! I never knew you were such a hospitable man! How considerate of you to take into account the the Holiness of the very land you walk upon and make us an AIR arena."

Fulgrim then turned to her Holiness the Empress of Ionia Karma and bowed on one knee.

"Empress Karma, with all do respect from the house of Luprecal, I support this little duel. A little bloodless show would be good for the people of Ionia to see their champion in action!"

Istarune

11-12-2010

Scowling at his brethren from his client nation of Noxus, Istarune stepped forward.

"This is a celebration of ascension not some bar-room, keep your petty taunts from this holy place. Combat is for the Fields of Justice not a festival of celebration."

He despised yet again the circumstances that put him allied with people who would champion such a disruption at such an important and honorable ceremony, ESPECIALLY considering the political climate.

AshenWolf

11-12-2010

"If I may be so bold," Akria said speaking up. "Is this not supposed to be a celebration? While I understand the desires of an aspiring champion and the desires of those around to witness the prowess of the honorable Irelia, what good can come of it?"

"Perhaps this contest can be pushed off to a more... appropriate time?" Away from those that would take advantage of this situation and interfere... Akira added silently. "If the Empress sees fit to display they prowess of Ionia however," Akira said in a very low bow to Karma, Emprise of Ionia. "Then I offer my services. With the Generals arena and assistance, I could guarantee that no possible harm could come to the land around the arena or the spectators."

Akria was not without his own motives. Among this circle he was relatively anonymous, and it was a chance for him to observe potential magics he had not seen before, and perhaps acquire a few new marks. To capture the strength of a champion, even for a brief moment... It would be all I need to survive the next attempt upon my life.

((Edit: Do we have someone running as Karma? Her decision will probably be needed soon))

Fulgr1m

11-12-2010

Fulgrim was glad to see that there were other people that did oppose the idea of violence in such a sacred place, but he would play the Generals game just a bit longer and see what the Empress had to say.

"This is a celebration of a Champions induction into the League. The league is a substitute of war which is violence in its most terrible form. But what I suggest here should not be perceived so much as violence, as much as a show of strength, a bloodless duel to show Irelias people why the Noxians were so utterly defeated at the Placidium."

Fulgrim smugly looked to Bonez to see what he thought of that little jab.

K D Bonez

11-12-2010

"My fine fellows, I stand here to pose one question; What is the purpose of the League? Simply put, and very bluntly, a means to sate our desire to kill each other. However, a Duel is something diffrent" he continued. "It can be perseved as an Art Form. Two fighters, giving it there all while still being able to restrain themselve from killing the other. Truely a test of both skill, tact, and endurance" he finished. "However, like stated before, the decision to take up this Challenge is entirly in the hands of Irelia. Or, if the Empress deem it her duty to decide. Still" Kalis mused "what would this say about the Ionian people? That they would back down from a forth right and proper challenge?" he ended, knowing that he has secured this duel.

((also, I think Karma will be played by a Rioter considering it's the EMPRESS 0.0))

Koragon

11-12-2010

Haelion rose, done hearing this foolishness.
"Your trickery will not work here, Noxian. A dual can be initiated at perhaps another time, but not in a place like this. You may have a lust for blood Kalis, but this is not the correct place. Stop this foolishness, now."
Kalis would easily be able to identify the thriving anger inside Haelion's soul as he walked towards Pern, the fire in his eyes, the rage he had towards him. Haelion turned to Pern, smiling.
"Pern, a duel at this place is not the correct way to do this. Let us set up a place, a time, have it officially organized. You want to prove your strength, to have a real challenge. Imagine an arena, where this can be safely done instead of a place like this. Hold it in."
Haelion patted Pern's back as he looked back to Kalis.
"You have overstepped yourself Drekval, I suggest you leave this ceremony."

A Bad Idea

11-12-2010

"You stand on Ionian soil, General. With all due respect, it will be an Ionian who decides when and where blades will be drawn, not you." Daiba interjected suddenly, a chill in his voice not unlike a winter gust. Kida the Tengu was at his back, a familiar scowl occupying her face as she would have preferred to avoid having to meet the Bloody Puppeteer for a second time. "No man, Ionian and Noxian alike, can fully contain themselves when steel is in their hands. We will celebrate as Ionians do; by valuing tranquility and harmony above all else. I will not see violence done here, unless the Will of the Blades or her grace the Empress permits it" Daiba stated, punctuating his point with a firm tap of his cane, his divining staff rattling with a piercing chime.