Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[minor] League Crashes instead of closing after a game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WillfulNemesis

04-27-2013

Occasionally after a game is done and I have won or lost the game will crash instead of close.

The way it happens is the victory or defeat screen comes up then I click the button. Then I go back to my desktop and an error is shown saying the program crashed. The client is still there in the game summary screen and works with no problems. It is an osx error screen, not bugsplat. bugsplat doesn't come up.

This happened with 10.8.2 atleast once, but I am using 10.8.3 now.

I attached the full error message (with personal details removed)

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-27-2013

Originally reported here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3223924

Edit:

The picture isn't helpful, and in fact made me waste a few minutes being confused until I re-read your post a few times and realized it was an example and not the actual error. Since the contents of the attached error are exactly what would be in the picture had you screencapped it, can you just remove that picture?

The error you posted is of the LoLLauncher crashing, not the LeagueofLegends client like you described. Can you clarify? When the game exits, and you get the error, is the launcher actually crashing and closing, or is the game itself crashing and the launcher still running?

WillfulNemesis

04-27-2013

removed picture.

What happened exactly is the game finished, then I clicked the button to continue still in game. It took me back to the desktop.

At this point the error shows up and there is still a window labeled LolClient running and working perfectly.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-27-2013

Quote:
WillfulNemesis:
removed picture.

What happened exactly is the game finished, then I clicked the button to continue still in game. It took me back to the desktop.

At this point the error shows up and there is still a window labeled LolClient running and working perfectly.

Ok, that's pretty much exactly what my original bug report is about. It still consistently happens in 10% of my games, both on live and on the PBE. Its probably not worth posting about unless you're willing to post complete logs for, so they can figure it out.

Run Console (search for it using spotlight), then look on the left hand side of the window. There should be a User Diagnostics Reports section, and under that you should find your LoL crash logs. Please don't paste them into a word document, use a text file, and upload them. If you want brownie points, use the timestamps of the logs to match up to the game logs for the game that corresponds to the crash, and upload that as well.

Ideally, post it to the original thread, so the developers don't have to sift through multiple threads.

WillfulNemesis

04-27-2013

I found the log and uploaded it in place of the one I copied into a word doc. It was the same.