Heimerdinger CAN BE VI-ABLE in professional scene!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NG Cake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2013

Dear Riot,

Hello, my name is GetTyroned, I am a fellow summoner who joins you and fights AGAINST you on the Fields of Justice! I, myself, and me have an obsession of how fun Heimerdinger is! But, there is one or two problems that makes my empty heart not fulfilled.

Heimerdinger's Pros:
Heimerdinger is really strong in a poke/siege comp. Heimerdinger is able to poke Hextech Micro Rockets [W] and he is able to use H-28G Evolution Turret [Q] to push down objectives or taking down objectives such as turrets, dragons, and barons.

Heimerdinger's ult UPGRADE!!! is really strong due to its passive cooldown AND cooldown increasingly going up per level. The ability to have this much cooldown reduction is amazing with his toolkit. He is able to spam his Hextech Micro Rockets [W] and the cooldown reduction is also implemented in stocking H-28G Evolution Turret [Q] (which stocks a maximum of 2 turrets) and also implemented into other champions such as Teemo, who has a similar ability but with Noxious Trap [R].
Also, this ability is super powerful because he is able to teamfight so much better since UPGRADE!!! will add the slow effect per hit onto the turrets, adding 2 more rockets (5 rockets after UPGRADE!!!) and increasing the projectile speed of CH-1 Concussion Grenade [E] which is ridiculously helpful from how difficult it already is to hit a stun by it's default projectile speed.

Heimerdinger has a really strong kiting tool, not really needing to stop and use any ability to do damage with his Hextech Micro Rockets [W] which you can spam approx. every 6 seconds and doing a chunk of damage.

Heimerdinger can be a really strong wave clearing champions at the later levels with a level 4 H-28G Evolution Turret [Q] which has an explosive effect between the monster/champion it hits and the surrounding monsters and champions. And using his Hextech Micro Rockets [W] and CH-1 Concussion Grenade [E] to also clear waves.
Heimerdinger, in professional play, I feel like it can be done. Heimerdinger can handle a 2v1 situation due to his Hextech Micro Rockets [W] range, but may be a little tough when the enemy team is aiming to push down your turret.

Heimerdinger can be a really big factor in teamfights, despite his other strengths of being able to be a pushing, objective securing, split pushing, poke type of champion. His abilities in teamfights can also be really good. Heimerdinger has the stun/blind, decent spread damage with turrets and rockets, AND the slow from the turrets for utility

Heimerdinger's Cons

Now, finally for the cons! There are so many flaws, that can make Heimerdinger, as a champion, be so so powerful at what he can do best, especially if he has a dedicated comp to build around him.

Let's start with the ones I can only think on the top of my head =D
Heimerdinger's job is to be able to possibly splitpush, push objectives and use his H-28G Evolution Turret [Q] to help do this job. When a Heimerdinger places a H-28G Evolution Turret [Q] to by an enemy turret, the H-28G Evolution Turret [Q] will automatically grab aggro of the enemy turret and the turret will be able to take out the H-28G Evolution Turret [Q] very easily, 2 tower hits and the H-28G Evolution Turret [Q] will not be sucessful in anyway not doing a large amount of damage.

Heimerdinger turrets seem to be very weak in durability. The Zyra plants are even more durable than Heimerdinger turrets. Heimerdinger turrets only have 610 hp and will literally be obliterated in a teamfight by the enemy team so quickly that it was no use to it.

Talking about durability, I actually feel like, scaling throughout the game. I am forced to buy zhonyas, rylais, and an MR item on top with a rushed Athene's Unholy Grail. I still felt like the squishiest level 18 champion in league of legends as if Heimerdinger didn't exist and his afro was the only thing in their way.
In my own experience,in a match, I had a pretty large advantage as a level 13 Heimerdinger, with an athenes and boots of speed against a level 11 Anivia with a dorans ring and a tear of goddess. The Anivia was able to outtrade me easily despite me having a level advantage, more ap, more magic resist. This problem calls for a buff in the mid~late game tankiness scaling , mid~late game damage scaling or both

Other Information

Players may think, the CH-1 Concussion Grenade [E] is setting Heimerdinger behind on being viable due to its low projectile speed. Using UPGRADE!!! [R] before using the CH-1 Concussion Grenade [E] which makes it much easier to try and land. It may be difficult to land a stun, but it has a HUGE aoe target that blinds. Blind, as a crowd control, its one of the strongest crowd control effects in the game besides stuns, knock-ups, fears, AND its probably the stronger crowd control effect if the enemy has heavy AD damage! In a teamfight, when its a huge cluster ****, CH-1 Concussion Grenade [E] is BIG in teamfights, with the blind and possible stun. Also, most likely you will have about 35% cd ~ 40% cd with blue buff at the time, so you'll be spamming CH-1 Concussion Grenade [E] every 7 seconds

Tell me what you think!
Need to add more to the cons. I totally forgot what else I wanted to say.

P.S. it would be great if i got thumbs ups for this post!

The Puppiteer

04-27-2013

I think if heimerdinger got his 3rd turret back and his W teaked a little he would certainly get some more loving from everybody. Thanks for posting this, i am myself a fellow heimer lover

The Puppiteer

04-27-2013

bump for some big brained love?

AJL

04-27-2013

Sadly even after seeing recent tourney play as a pusher comp he will probably be reworked due to his toxicity of being such a godly pusher.

Bob36

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2013

All he needs is reduced mana costs

and pls pls give us 3rd turret back

Cathulion

04-27-2013

Youtube has a video of new leaked heimer in new 2 vs 2 map using 3 turrets and the turrets stay after death.

The Puppiteer

04-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathulion View Post
Youtube has a video of new leaked heimer in new 2 vs 2 map using 3 turrets and the turrets stay after death.
link? please tell me you are serious, please tell me you aren't trolling pls pls pls

ihaveapotion

04-27-2013

i love heimer, one of the best counters to most proving grounds metas aswell.

AbyssalSpector

04-27-2013

Usually if you're squishy as all hell you have an escape, he doesn't have a single one. Usually if you're squishy and have no escape you have giant burst/utility, hiemer doesn't even have that.

He's outdated he will never be taken seriously in his current state :\

NG Cake

04-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puppiteer View Post
I think if heimerdinger got his 3rd turret back and his W teaked a little he would certainly get some more loving from everybody. Thanks for posting this, i am myself a fellow heimer lover
Thank you for the feedback! From the experience I've played with him, it would be stupidly op if he did have the ability to place 3 turrets. He's fine with 2, he has the explosive effect with his turrets at level 4 Q doing aoe damage + slow + attack speed buff. Also, having 3 turrets would make his pushing even stronger which would also go with the overpowered group. His W can definetely be tweaked a little. it would be cool , when he levels up his W to level 1, it will give him the display indicator/missle indicator to show if champions are in range, or if its only going to hit minions. Like evelynn's passive when she's invisible