MMR is high ELO is very low..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iRiquee

04-26-2013

When i play normals i usually get players ranging from silver 1 up to diamond 4 ( diamond 4 being the highest ever on my team ) and i have great games with players knowing what to do and the whole atmosphere is just great.
Then when i go ranked i get bronze 4-2 players and it just plain sucks so much, the level of play is so much different.. why riot why!!

pastafariany

04-27-2013

because you suck and belong with the bronzies.

Takerial

04-27-2013

If you are truly skillful you should be able to reach higher levels of play without too much trouble as long as you keep at it.

The Legend Of

04-27-2013

why is there such a variance? because a lot of diamond level players barely play any normals, so when they do their normal MMR is low, or vice versa and ppls stuff is high.

SublimeIbanez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2013

I play with golds all the time as a silver 3 :/

lenekoi

04-27-2013

Because normals and Ranked don't use the same MMR. So while you may have a high MMR in normals, you don't have a high one in ranked. Play more ranked and you'll get closer to your true MMR, and hopefully go higher.

God Karthus NA

04-27-2013

the matchmaking system is different for normals. Also, multiple people queueing together, often in normals, skews the matchmaking

Samenko

04-27-2013

Normal and ranked are separate MMR's. Diamond's rarely play normals, so their MMR won't be very high.

ThePattehMan

04-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takerial View Post
If you are truly skillful you should be able to reach higher levels of play without too much trouble as long as you keep at it.
This. I'm not the most skilled person, and I make plenty of mistakes, but I've managed to get away from the majority of trolls. After my placement matches put me in B4 (3 wins 7 losses) I ended up at about 3/12 at one point. Kept playing, and now I'm sitting on a pretty decent win/loss (30/22) and I'm routinely getting placed with better and better players. Been playing with S4 and up players since B2 and now I'm on my series to get into S5 myself.

Seriously, it really sucks for a while. I don't stick around for losing streaks. Any time I lose twice in a row in ranked, I move on to either normals for a bit, or quit for the day. If I'm on a win streak I keep going, though. Have to manage your stress, and you'll play better. You play better, it gets your team playing better. Leads to more wins.

Cynical Rain

04-27-2013

Since this thread is alive, maybe someone can answer an MMR question I posted a long time ago, but didn't get an answer to.

If I don't have a previous ranked record (no season 2, new to league), how will my position be chosen from my placement matches?

If I win all 10 placement matches, where will I be placed?