Cannot left click anything in game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

teacuptim

Adjudicator

04-27-2013

This bug has happened three times in total to me. I load up as normal, and then I cannot left click anything, or perform some actions via hotkeys where I would otherwise left click. I can still move around the map, so the right click is not affected.

Specific examples:

- Cannot click to open the shop, but can press 'P'
- In the shop, cannot click on any items, nor buy them using right click
- Cannot click on champions
- Cannot level any skills with left click OR with hotkeys

I'm not 100% if I can navigate the menu using left click, but I'm pretty sure I can't, because every time I have to close the game I tab out and close the client that way. And yep, closing and reopening the client fixes the problem.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-27-2013

This bug is caused by the left mouse click getting accidentally bound to something in the keybindings screen, and prevents you from left clicking anywhere in the game UI. Its insanely easy to do, usually when you try binding modifier+MB1 to something.

In Finder, find League of Legends, right click, Show Package Contents, then navigate to Contents > LOL > Config. The file input.ini contains your keybindings. Either remove the accidental MB1 keybinding by editing the text file, or just delete it, and the game's keybindings will revert to default and you can try again in-game.

teacuptim

Adjudicator

04-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataslave View Post
This bug is caused by the left mouse click getting accidentally bound to something in the keybindings screen, and prevents you from left clicking anywhere in the game UI. Its insanely easy to do, usually when you try binding modifier+MB1 to something.

In Finder, find League of Legends, right click, Show Package Contents, then navigate to Contents > LOL > Config. The file input.ini contains your keybindings. Either remove the accidental MB1 keybinding by editing the text file, or just delete it, and the game's keybindings will revert to default and you can try again in-game.
I haven't changed my bindings recently, and there are no changes in the input file related to the MB1. Only MB4 (scroll), which I unbound everything from.

RSisCOOL

04-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacuptim View Post
This bug has happened three times in total to me. I load up as normal, and then I cannot left click anything, or perform some actions via hotkeys where I would otherwise left click. I can still move around the map, so the right click is not affected.

Specific examples:

- Cannot click to open the shop, but can press 'P'
- In the shop, cannot click on any items, nor buy them using right click
- Cannot click on champions
- Cannot level any skills with left click OR with hotkeys

I'm not 100% if I can navigate the menu using left click, but I'm pretty sure I can't, because every time I have to close the game I tab out and close the client that way. And yep, closing and reopening the client fixes the problem.
tabbing out of LoL and clicking desktop then clicking the LoL icon to get back in fixes the problem for me

teacuptim

Adjudicator

04-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSisCOOL View Post
tabbing out of LoL and clicking desktop then clicking the LoL icon to get back in fixes the problem for me
This didn't help for me.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-27-2013

Mind posting a process list, plus the usual system specs and logs from a game where its happening?

teacuptim

Adjudicator

04-29-2013

It happens randomly and I can't recreate it. So I can't really.

Le Grudge

04-29-2013

This randomly happens to me as well.

Another issue that I have is that I will be running in a direction, and then suddenly my mouse cursor will blink to some other spot close by and my champ will start going that direction because I have my button held down to run. This has gotten me killed many times... especially with Nidalee where I end up pouncing as the cougar in a direction I don't want to go.

That last issue could be an issue with my mouse though. I am using a Apple Magic Mouse and I have suspected that it might be glitching out.