Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are HP/level and Mana/Level bad compared to straight HP/mana runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

congalong

12-08-2009

As topic states. Trying to fill out a nice caster book and right now I've been getting magic pen, HP/level, and the glyphs are just like whatever, with straight HP quints. I've seen numerous debates that the straight HP runes are better since it gives more benefit early game which is where having more HP is important, but I can't help but feel the ridiculous cost of straight HP yellows vs the HP/level is worth it. It seems by level 6, you've already out classed the straight HP yellow. Am I right in thinking this way?

Critical Error

Recruiter

12-08-2009

I think the per lvl minor runes are better. But the Quints flat hp seems to trump. You need to be like level 15 for the per lvl hp quints to beat out the flat--by that time the game can very likely be over so you didnt actually benefit from the per lvls.

12-09-2009

depends on what you want to do with them, if you are getting health for a late game tank or carry then late game runes are better, if you are getting health to survive and gank easier early game, flat runes are better

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

12-10-2009

a good way to compare the runes is to take each type individually, and look at what level the health/level rune outshines the flat health rune. I believe for the quintessences the health per level runes do not become better until about level 14-15 (currently, but apparently the flat health quints are getting nerfed). In this case, the flat health quints are better, because for the majority of the game you are getting better benefit from them than you would over the health/level quints.
For the regular rune slots, i think the health/level runes become better around level 8ish, so you need to ask the quesiton; do you want to have a little bit more health early on, or a lot more later on? It also depends on how fast you reach the level that the hp/level runes become better.