Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Community Development, Two Years On: Riot Pls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

04-27-2013

Bump.

Tortferngatr

04-27-2013

Hmm. An interesting suggestion!

MathMage

04-27-2013

Quote:
Tortferngatr:
Hmm. An interesting suggestion!

I'm glad you think so.

Saikaici

04-27-2013

I'd definitely like to see more guilds/clan features implemented. Having those would allow people to group up, get more people to play with, and in general give players a sense of belonging.

MathMage

04-27-2013

Quote:
Saikaici:
I'd definitely like to see more guilds/clan features implemented. Having those would allow people to group up, get more people to play with, and in general give players a sense of belonging.

Yeah, the current system leads to separation at every level. Group chats are a complete mystery unless you already know what chat you want to join from third-party info. Friend list comes from either random people you meet in solo queue or IRL (i.e. third-party) connections. People who get together to make a third-party community rarely have a chance to interact with other third-party communities. It's no wonder our teams scene is so anemic.

Bryy

04-27-2013

Hmn. I'm not sure if that would involve a separate 5v5 queue or how that would work, but I like the idea of having a larger group of (hopefully) reliable team mates I could chose for myself.

I think Riot tried to add accountability using the Leagues; hoping you would see the names there and realize that they were showing up more often than others, but I'm not sure I've ever run into someone from Fiora's Cutthroats Silver III. Even with how many people are around my skill level I'm still getting placed in matches with bronze players; you would think there's enough Silvers to find 10 people?

epicbeastfreak

04-27-2013

Great idea, solo q is filled with harsh , vicious people that have a god complex and are never truly aware of how their actions shape their teammates. As you said, people not knowing the faces of the people they are hurting causes them t be reckless. Take the real world for instance. You show respect when talking to someone face-to-face, but you talk absolute bull**** behind their backs. This applies to the internet as ell. You assume that the person you bash is a emotion-less robot whom you can just plain diss on. There needs to be incentives for premades, that way we have no more anonomitity and some form of accountability. Personally, whenever I solo q, I just treat the person the way I would any person I am face to face with. That means, I give them respect, even if I hate them.

MathMage

04-28-2013

Quote:
Bryy:
Hmn. I'm not sure if that would involve a separate 5v5 queue or how that would work, but I like the idea of having a larger group of (hopefully) reliable team mates I could chose for myself.

I think Riot tried to add accountability using the Leagues; hoping you would see the names there and realize that they were showing up more often than others, but I'm not sure I've ever run into someone from Fiora's Cutthroats Silver III. Even with how many people are around my skill level I'm still getting placed in matches with bronze players; you would think there's enough Silvers to find 10 people?

A lot of Bronze I players will have relatively high MMR because of league clamp, and/or because they've been winning matches but not promotion series. That would explain it.

MathMage

04-28-2013

Bump.

swordcookie

04-28-2013

You should be more specific on what you mean by "Guild." Because, right now rank teams already exists. Chat room exists. Do you want Riot to expand maximum number of players allowed on a team? (Not the playing group, but just everyone that can share the rank team name). Do you want an in-game voice system? Do you want riot to promote the usage of chat room more?

If anything, I believe that players have all the tools they need in order to start a "guild" right now. The only reason why they do not exist is because there's no incentive to do so. Why would someone spend the effort trying to gather a group of people that they may or may not know? They can simply stick to playing with friends, and queue with randoms on other times. They only possible way that I see at the moment for "guild" activities to be increased is if Riot offers some sort of incentive. For example, giving awards out to guild winnings. But then, how would that even work out? There's only 5 players that will end up playing, so a large guild that gets a reward just off of 5 player would seem strange.

Anyways, the idea of being able to create guild/clan communities in League of Legends sounds great, but do you have a proposed method in achieving this in a way that is actually innovative?