@Morello ; About the upcoming Rengar "rework"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

X1zz3l

05-03-2013

AMG CLASSICK WROTE IN MY THREAD
In can die now without regrets...

Thank your for giving us some insight, sounds wonderful <33
I also had the idea to let his Ferocity Skills scale (-> http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3220365 if you want to take a look)

I do have some question though I'd appreciate a reply really much

1. Will all of his skills stay the same except for his ult? Like, his Q is a stab, his W a roar and his E still a bola? If so, yey <3

2. Will he still be viable as a toplaner and jungler means, can you still choose where you want to go?

3. Any ETA on the upcoming changes? I CAN'T STAND THIS PAIN ;_;

4. Will his ult be instant stealth again or will it still have a delay? And if so, will people hear / see Rengar during his delay or the moment he gets stealthed (The "warning" i mean)

5. Will his Ferocity Q be stronger than its counterpart atm at lvl 5? I'd like to see 120% dmg <3

6. Did his jungling improve significantly? I hope so :P

That's it for now, thanks again for sharing those infos
Sincerly, Xizz3l

Troy242621

05-03-2013

I am concerned with one thing. When it says enemies will be alerted, I certainly hope there is a range limit, because I can see enemies from across the map if they are in lane. I mean, it doesn't kill it by any means, but it seems like a counterintuitive element to add to a stealth-based ultimate if it lacks a meaningful restriction.

Also, if I am in the jungle, say, walking my way up to top lane to gank on an enemy. So say I can see the enemy in-lane on my mini-map, and when nearing the top lane, just before the Nashor pit, I activate my ultimate. Will the top laner be alerted? If so, it significantly hurts ganking, it would seem,....It'd also hurt the lore. I can understand the change both game-play wise AND lore-wise. It's clearly supposed to be a HUNTING tool and not an in-your-face fighting tool. This being the case, I hope he can use it to actually stalk.

xRaasu

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
I don't think this point should get the downvotes it's getting. I thought the exact same thing as I was reading, and I feel like the wording could have been more precise.

I do, however, believe that these changes are necessary and healthy. Rengar's feel -does- seem to be getting changed, actually significantly enough to be worth mention, but his problems are being toned down and his strengths are getting more wiggle room.
YOU! Our names are similar.

I digress. Hello.

Sovreign22

05-03-2013

Skarner cries in a corner.

Zantoma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

@Classick and any other Rioters

I would just like to say that there is nothing appealing about the ult change to me.
Rengar has been one of my favorite champions since he was first available on PBE. I've stayed with him through his ups and downs, glorious overpowered moments and what felt like crippling nerfs, that really only changed how he was played, not his strength. I love his active playstyle and how every autoattack feels like an ability of its own. I love his style of positioning and unique engagement windows. I love his sustain, I love his mobility, I love his voice and look and kit and play.

More than anything else, I love his ult. The feeling that, when I press R, someone is about to have their head remade into a wall decoration. The confused questions in /all after ganking bot while playing top via homeguard. Instantly bringing any fight from a 5v5 to a 4v4. Pretending to recall in lane and then destroying my unsuspecting opponent. Those empowering moments where you stalk your clueless prey to their bushes before informing them of their mistake.

I absolutely hate this idea for his ultimate, and I will never play the champion again if it goes through.
--
"Currently Rengar jumps at you out of no where and it's very hard to react to him because there's not much information being conveyed to the opponent."

I don't mean to be overly snarky, just deadpan - Have you read his passive's name? His ultimate is perfect for his theme just how it is, and giving notice would just take so much of the powerful feeling away from his ultimate.

Please, Classick. I lost my pet cat to liver cancer not very long ago. I beg of you - Please don't kill my second cat.

xRaasu

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantoma View Post
Heartfelt story.
You've forced my hand... +1.

Swedish

Recruiter

05-03-2013

Don't fail me now Classick

Jemzen

05-03-2013

There is something about Rengar that I hope Riot never changes. Something that makes him really appeal to me is how he is sort of an assassin fighter combination. He can instantly blow up someone in a teamfight, but he then has the ability to stand toe to toe with nearly anyone as he is still somewhat tanky. I don't want him to be another run of the mill assassin champion.

I understand him being an assassin fighter leaves him in no specific role, but him being like the way he is makes me really enjoy him.

RexSaur

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVonStauffenberg View Post
New Riot stance: "Assassins who can do their jobs are toxic."
Tell me, would you enjoy being instagibbed from stealth by an assassin from out of oracles range from out of nowhere?

I think thats the definition of toxic.

Assassins should punish squishies in bad position, not simply gib them without counterplay.

stylestman

05-03-2013

As another rengar fan I hope to see him be more viable in the jungle and be an assassin. His whole jump and ult make him feel like one but yet not having the ability to do anything else if you want to build him like an assassin he becomes glass cannon getting a kill and dieing. I am really looking forwards to this rengar rework! FOR THE PRIDESTALKER!!