@Morello ; About the upcoming Rengar "rework"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grimwohl

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0lylight View Post
About the new Rengar rework....don't, I love him the way he is now.
Why are people so scared of change? at the worst, they can shift it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumou View Post
can it out come sooner than soon please
This.
We understand you're testing things, and were happy for it. However we'd appreciate if the extended testing were done on the pbe. I garuntee you, if were going to be vocal about changes and any reasonable community feedback were to come, it should be through pbe testing.

Dextii

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post
The goal is to be able to choose which path you want to go based on what you rank / choose to use for Ferocity / items built. With these changes where we can achieve a better balance for Rengar we can make his assassin build more viable as it won't create nearly as toxic of an experience.

It will now play for anyone who is within his vision range during the ultimate, including enemies in FOW.
How will this affect his Jungle ganking capability???
Do you think the extra power on his ultimate/movementspeed + duration will negate the fact that they'll hear him coming?

What kind of stealth duration are we talking about? Is this Twitch/Evelynn level of stealth (e.g. ult passive of stealth in bushes only?) or is this like 15-20 second stealth.

Also you should add a voice quote like "You are the hunted, and this is my kill for the taking!" so everyone within radius is instantly wetting themselves in fear.

Similar to nocturne's ult how the DARRKNESS and you're waiting for the "An ally has been slain"

I'm super duper excited for his rework, as a Rengar main i'm open to the change because this'll create a new feeling of discover/re-learning him, and I already love his hunter theme. I'm hoping you can add to the hunter feel with the extra stealth so you can stalk your prey a lot faster/easier.

Another thing i'm a bit worried about is - With the ferocity/scaling with level, how does it affect his notorious level 1/2 burst?

Will it be flat scaling per level? Will the burst be anything near pre-nerf Rengar (when his Q was 150% empowered)

This sounds bad considering I love Rengar to pieces, but...

Delete his bruiser and tank build variations seriously, those are what got him nerfed so many times before and Assassin is the best way to stay true to the character theme.

Super Explosion

05-03-2013

Quote:
From internal testing most of the feedback has actually been that his ultimate feels much better than what it currently is on live.
Say, what does it take for internal testing feedback to tell you something feels bad?

Just as a lower point example.

Nagor

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantWings View Post
Question:

Is anything going to be done about his Bonetooth Necklace to fit into how you want to customize his playstyle, or is it going to remain in it's current Snowball state?

And about his ultimate, Is Rengar going to be barreling at you with an insane 60/80/100% movement speed similar to Quinn's Tag Team? And even then the main thing you guys hated about it was the safe split-pushing function, so how is this going to be handled?

also

If you have to scout for them, I highly doubt that they're going to remain in a position where you can capitalize on your info unless Rengar has the aforementioned insane speed boosts.
this brings up some very good points hmmmm but ya i really want to see his bone tooth necklace changed a bit for him being able to have less kills but full stacks so that pro play can use him and that it feels like there are changes and this would mean though that they would have to make it more power full at the beginning and less power full at the end then how it is now and maybe increase the cost id think

Lord Graves III

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

Classick man, I wish we could get you and Stattick and the other designers out here more often. Reading your guys reasoning and thought process is basically the best thing I can get on these forums.

Fun, educational, and related to league. 3 best things in life.

Swampi

05-03-2013

Quote:
The goal is to be able to choose which path you want to go based on what you rank / choose to use for Ferocity / items built. With these changes where we can achieve a better balance for Rengar we can make his assassin build more viable as it won't create nearly as toxic of an experience.

It will now play for anyone who is within his vision range during the ultimate, including enemies in FOW.
Hope it inflicts the same kind of fear as when you hear noc and your screen goes black then a shadow flies at you from across the map!

DeafDunn

05-03-2013

Quote:
That's currently the idea
Question tho, what if someone sayyy, cant hear? is there a possible way to see a "heatbeat"(your own) to know he popped his ult? if thats too easy to tell then i understand. thanks!

xRaasu

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankokukai View Post
Words. Many words.
Strong words. Many strong words. Many valid points.

K D Bonez

05-03-2013

Well, Million Dollar question I'm sure has been asked but I want to ask anyways: Classick, is AP Rengar still viable or no?

Shadow Merchant

Recruiter

05-03-2013

I'm glad that Rengar is getting some attention, I've been using zed because rengar is either a "I got 1st blood now i'm gonna snowball hard!!" champ or a "**** i died GG" champ =[ BUT I LOVE HIM SO MUCH his kit is so fun, stealthing in his ult and hunting down prey sounds like fun ^_^