@Morello ; About the upcoming Rengar "rework"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinDelMarr

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxReeboBand View Post
Yay, stuff for rengar my favorite predator. I would kinda like if the enemy could hear him roar when he uses his ult. Then they know its activated and that someone is being hunted.
"Listen!" is the new "DAAAAARKNESSS"

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post
That's currently the idea
is it sound only, is it directed sound so you can pick up where its coming from (if you use surround sound headsets) or is it going to be like Quinn's scouting ability that you can see and hear?

ChocoKelly

05-03-2013

Quote:
But its already does, if you are in enemy sight and ulted, enemy team would hear your special taunts ; similiar Lissandra casting her ult and we will all hear '' FREEZE ''

i dont get it what is will getting changed?

Classick

Game Designer

05-03-2013
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeke View Post
Oh boy, get hyped!.

Another question. After the changes, What he is going to be? An Assasin or a Bruiser? I ask this because ATM if you don't build like a bruiser, you just are not going to be that impactful, Or if you do build like an assasin, then you are just going to kill someone and die. Unlike kha'zix who just jumps over the place killing everybody(DAMN YOU KHA'ZIX)

Thank you based Classick.
The goal is to be able to choose which path you want to go based on what you rank / choose to use for Ferocity / items built. With these changes where we can achieve a better balance for Rengar we can make his assassin build more viable as it won't create nearly as toxic of an experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoKelly View Post
But its already does, if you are in enemy sight and ulted, enemy team would hear your special taunts ; similiar Lissandra casting her ult and we will all hear '' FREEZE ''

i dont get it what is will getting changed?
It will now play for anyone who is within his vision range during the ultimate, including enemies in FOW.

Argent Heretic

05-03-2013

That's really cool, not to mention psychological warfare is alot of fun. Now if you guys could just make an elephant champion. ......he should be blue

Goth Skunk

05-03-2013

Quote:
So... you're turning his ultimate into a Warwick E... with stealth?

DeadshotCalamity

05-03-2013

Quote:
Post.
See, I'm not a genius but I recall that there was a buff placed on enemies when Rengar can see them with his ult. Not 100% sure, but I think I saw this one time.

This gives players enough warning and the goal of changes shouldn't be to make the game super easy to play.

Edit: Maybe this was just in spectator mode, I don't know. My point still stands that Rengar should not be changed this much. Simply give a warning with a buff or something. There's already an audio cue for it. Don't go and make the game super easy.

Tachi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

In the meantime, the first true hunter just sits and stares.

Poor Warwick.

ChocoKelly

05-03-2013

Quote:
The goal is to be able to choose which path you want to go based on what you rank / choose to use for Ferocity / items built. With these changes where we can achieve a better balance for Rengar we can make his assassin build more viable as it won't create nearly as toxic of an experience.

It will now play for anyone who is within his vision range during the ultimate, including enemies in FOW.
Sorry but its a nerf. Even a huge nerf.

Blakk Majikk

05-03-2013

Kinda sucks that you won't be able to evade wards anymore, and instead gank Hecarim-style with speed, but I guess that's alright too. I'm just happy Rengar is gettin' looked at. By the way, in buffing his ult, will Rengar be able to stealth any faster than the current iteration? Thanks Classick.