@Morello ; About the upcoming Rengar "rework"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Discpled

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Delicious rabbit:

Now that you are buffing my ultimate rival, I demand compensation, Classick!

I have consumed hundred of thousands of champions, millions of minions and hundreds of delightfully delicious baron eyes. I must evolve...
Too bad evil, vile bug, you will be getting nerfs. Rengar will be your master and you shall be his prey!

navite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2013

Quote:
"Currently Rengar jumps at you out of no where and it's very hard to react to him because there's not much information being conveyed to the opponent.

Now when Rengar activates his ultimate all enemies that Rengar sees will be made aware that he's in the area. What this does is gives the opponent more information so that they can react to the situation. "

isn't that what is supposed to do? isn't the whole point of the stealth to not be seen or known so that you can come out of no where on that adc and say "YOU WILL BE A FINE ADDITION TO MY COLLECTION"

Quote:
With this change it allows us to put a lot more power into the ultimate, increasing the duration and speed. While Rengar may lose the ability to jump on an unsuspecting enemy, it enables him to create really cool mind games and toy with his opponents which we've seen from internal testing. On top of that Rengar can get to a location much quicker and stay in stealth much longer retaining the feel of hunting down wounded opponents or scouting an area for priority targets.

mind games are for Evelynn players cause shes ALWAYS MIA not rengar, he doesn't need a longer stealth or anything like that because the out of anything in league one of the strongest advantages you can have is the element of surprise. not longer or faster move speed stealth. if i want speed on rengar i get my furor boots early and no one ever escapes me, because at that point its just pounce and stick to my target. and because of my smart targeting of picking off anyone out of place that i can 1v1 wins my team fights on top of fights i didn't even have to be there for because i cut off the adc that was trying to make it to the fight and now they lack the damage to win. even though i wasnt there to provide my own damage or tankyness or bit of cc
if you guys allow targets to be aware of me when i, when rengar "go's to hunt" then it ruins my whole play style. and while i don't mean to whine about a nerf to my play style its just that the only reason i have it is because i thought "what would rengar do in real league?" he is BY FAR my favorite champion in every aspect; play style, theme, character, story, build, class, and freedom, and and i don't want that to be ruined by awareness because that ties in to his character as well, to be able to leap on to and unsuspecting victim not one that says. "hes near.." [character wise] the only other champ that should be able to do that is another rengar or kha'zix with their hunter/predator instincts.. Evelynn has her predatory instincts just like kha'zix so you could say she could do it as well, or if you want to go even further ahri has her fox instincts right? thats a possibility, but not likely... Quinn has valor, the eyes in the sky and even still valor can't see everything. so from a sense making stand point those are the only champions that should be allowed to be aware of rengar and it obviously dosent make sense to give everybody this ability does it? but now from a gameplay perspective i understand that awareness does give that ability for counter play and i would love to know when rengar's about to jump me when i play miss fortune but then as an after thought his character wouldn't allow me to feel good about that. even though i hate when things like that happen to me they are understandable and usually fit the character. like back in the day when shaco would come back after a fight with almost no health an kill you because of stealth and back-stab. that fits him. there's a reason his name is just chaos rearranged because shaco doesn't care, kill or die laughing right? or like when AP master yi does the same with alpha strike. hes fast. but thats just yi. anyway i'm rambling and my point is please dont change something like this about champs to make it easier of carries, because every other role/class doesn't have this hard time. even magi/mages [AP carries] are not as bad because its a weakness of mostly AD carries. they need to be protected, and if a team fails at that then they lose for not realizing that its a reality.

Quote:
"Nocturne's paranoia is fundamentally different from Rengar's ult because it makes him dash through terrain right to the point of the enemy team, which allows him to last hit fleeing champions. Noc also has a spellshield to protect from cc like Ryze's Rune Prison. It also removes all enemy vision, making it different from a stealth because people won't be able to see who died until the words come up on the screen. Rengar doesn't have that advantage, he's got to chase them down on his own two legs.

Only newbies will get scared, experienced players will laugh at it. The difference between this a Warwick's E is that WW's is a passive, not an ultimate on a limited timer with a cooldown. This will also force Rengars to immediately jump enemies rather than hunting them and waiting for their ferocity to build up because enemies will instinctively try to run for a tower or friends, making a later jump extremely dangerous. It's like putting a giant beacon on Fiddlesticks when he channels his ult.

Long story short, a champion's kit should not be developed around how opposing champs can counter it."
agreed a player should find his own way to counter a mechanic, not whine and complain and ask the dev's to nerf a champ for it. That's how i did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far for us. [sorry couldn't resist the iron man reference]

Quote:
Edit: While Rengar may lose the ability to jump on an unsuspecting enemy is getting misinterpreted as his leap is being removed from his ultimate. Should have described this in another way :P, he still will keep his leap while the ultimate is active.

don't do it man... it wont be the same...

Afflictid

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post
That's currently the idea
There has to be a visual indicator as well for deaf players.

IS118da62a7bb137aeb0685

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post
Another change we're currently looking at is tweaking how his ultimate works. Currently Rengar jumps at you out of no where and it's very hard to react to him because there's not much information being conveyed to the opponent. Now when Rengar activates his ultimate all enemies that Rengar sees will be made aware that he's in the area. What this does is gives the opponent more information so that they can react to the situation.
Then people will just run to their tower and wait it out , making ganking with ultimate impossible

i dont get the idea behind this , the whole idea of jumping out of nowhere is what makes Rengar so fun.

X1zz3l

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by General A6 View Post
Then people will just run to their tower and wait it out , making ganking with ultimate impossible

i dont get the idea behind this , the whole idea of jumping out of nowhere is what makes Rengar so fun.
I guess speculating won't help, we have to wait and see and ofc try it out first

Troy242621

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1zz3l View Post
I guess speculating won't help, we have to wait and see and ofc try it out first
Not really speculation. People do it right now when Nocturne ults. We can ask Warwick how much he appreciates the "Alerting nearby enemies with a roar," mechanic.

Wind 4 Win

05-04-2013

Seems like hes going to be a champ that will have a poppy-esque lane phase unless he jungles and his ganking capability will be bad pre-6.

Then 1 and done in teamfights.

Warwick/Noc 2.0

05-04-2013

Looks like I won't be playing Rengar even in normals. If they know i use my ult close by it is probably one of the most worthless ults and shouldn't even be used for any type of gank or ambush. Thank you riot for ruining yet another one of my champs.

RaptoRGmo7

05-04-2013

i really feel soooooo bad, my main rengar total nerfed

Incomitatus

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxReeboBand View Post
Yay, stuff for rengar my favorite predator. I would kinda like if the enemy could hear him roar when he uses his ult. Then they know its activated and that someone is being hunted.
I agree that people should hear something when he uses his ultimate. And I vote on this Morgan Freeman impersonation and phrase

"I can smell you..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDQx-guzx2s