@Morello ; About the upcoming Rengar "rework"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venova

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post
Another change we're currently looking at is tweaking how his ultimate works. Currently Rengar jumps at you out of no where and it's very hard to react to him because there's not much information being conveyed to the opponent. Now when Rengar activates his ultimate all enemies that Rengar sees will be made aware that he's in the area. What this does is gives the opponent more information so that they can react to the situation.
While I don't think we want a Riki in League, it seems to me changes involving stealth or assasination type initiations are always being "babyfied" in League. How is Rengar going to ult if everyone knows he's about to jump on them? They'll just back away, and sure that creates some tension and opporunity for counter play, but it's also a massive nerf to the most satisfying element of the champion. It makes it better for the enemy while making it worse for Rengar. There ought to be some better tradeoff than that. Number buffing doesn't mean much if enemies just instantly shield up and back away, the element of surprise is suddenly nonexistant because of your warning system. And also, even if the enemies don't know quite where he will be coming from, they just have to drop a pink and their completely safe, wasting his ult, if not killing him. In most games with someone with stealth one or two pinks on the team is common practice for just that sort of thing, now your going to tell them when to drop the ward down too?

KnifeLion

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venova View Post
While I don't think we want a Riki in League, it seems to me changes involving stealth or assasination type initiations are always being "babyfied" in League. How is Rengar going to ult if everyone knows he's about to jump on them? They'll just back away, and sure that creates some tension and opporunity for counter play, but it's also a massive nerf to the most satisfying element of the champion. It makes it better for the enemy while making it worse for Rengar. There ought to be some better tradeoff than that. Number buffing doesn't mean much if enemies just instantly shield up and back away, the element of surprise is suddenly nonexistant because of your warning system. And also, even if the enemies don't know quite where he will be coming from, they just have to drop a pink and their completely safe, wasting his ult, if not killing him. In most games with someone with stealth one or two pinks on the team is common practice for just that sort of thing, now your going to tell them when to drop the ward down too?
Oracles and Pink Wards don't counter Rengar in most instances. You won't see him coming until he's within leap range and then you might as well already be dead. I'll miss insta gibbing people farming alone in their jungle, but if it allows them to add power elsewhere in his kit I will embrace it.

Maverick013

05-04-2013

You mention how you are changing him, but not how you are fixing him. How are you going to balance his jungle or top lane, and which phases will he excel at? Early,mid,late?

Doonhijoe V

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post
The goal is to be able to choose which path you want to go based on what you rank / choose to use for Ferocity / items built. With these changes where we can achieve a better balance for Rengar we can make his assassin build more viable as it won't create nearly as toxic of an experience.

It will now play for anyone who is within his vision range during the ultimate, including enemies in FOW.
Classick, when you guys rework Rengar (and I assume buff him a little) can you please put a cooldown on his passive?

It gives him so much dominance over top lane being able to cs from the bush and totally zone his opponent from minions if he is ahead.

It won't hurt his jungle at all, and now there will be some counterplay to the passive besides "stay away from the bush" since pretty much the whole lane is in range of the bush (assuming you want exp...).

TheSurfinSlayer

05-04-2013

I am fine with someone hearing Rengar during his ult, but not SEEING him.

I don't want another Eve where I'm JUST about to attack and then get blown up because I was "SEEN" during STEALTH. Pink wards and stuff to that effect are one thing, but by the naked eye is a whole 'nother ballgame I want no part of. It negates the whole point of even having stealth in the first place. Please do not make his ult just be Eve's passive on a long cooldown.

Just make his jungle clears competitive again.

Right now he has one of the slowest clear times ever and he's supposed to be this great hunter. Really ruins the whole reason I bought him on release.

Ankokukai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurfinSlayer View Post
I am fine with someone hearing Rengar during his ult, but not SEEING him.

I don't want another Eve where I'm JUST about to attack and then get blown up because I was "SEEN" during STEALTH. Pink wards and stuff to that effect are one thing, but by the naked eye is a whole 'nother ballgame I want no part of. It negates the whole point of even having stealth in the first place. Please do not make his ult just be Eve's passive on a long cooldown.

Just make his jungle clears competitive again.

Right now he has one of the slowest clear times ever and he's supposed to be this great hunter. Really ruins the whole reason I bought him on release.
It wont be "eve's passive on long CD"....it will be worse

Currently, if you really "play" with Eve's Stealth Ring you can still appear almost out of thin air, thx to her Dark Frenzy

But with Rengar, everyone will hear you and know you are coming

a common Rengar ulti-gank is ulting behind your turret, and running down the lane ~ because on Season 3, EVERYTHING is always warded, and Oracle's is really really gamble'ish ~ so, this is the most common Rengar gank post 6

But now it goes like this: "hey, Rengar just ult'd, but our wards covering both lane bushes, tribush and dragon didnt spot him....where could he be??????????, of course he's coming from his turret, so, he's at least at 2000 (about a cait's ult) from us, let's just back off and wait some seconds"

It's pathetic

SupaDupaDave

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Delicious rabbit:

Now that you are buffing my ultimate rival, I demand compensation, Classick!

I have consumed hundred of thousands of champions, millions of minions and hundreds of delightfully delicious baron eyes. I must evolve...
Made my day

Luminosity Ward

05-04-2013

Rengar is not Nocturne.

He doesn't fly super fast towards target and doesn't fly over the walls.

He does not need to advertise he's coming at your face. He's a frikkin assassin.

Rik Deckard

05-04-2013

So, this is really just pie-in-the-sky dreaming, and I'm sure it'd take a whole lot more energy than it's worth, but what I think would be amazing is if Rengar's ult caused all enemy players within a certain range of him to hear a loud, racing heartbeat, be given a debuff called "prey" or something, make them aware that Rengar is nearby by making them feel hunted. Just having him yell is kinda "meh".

Goombahz

05-04-2013

NOOOO REGNAR SO FUN KEEP IT HOW IT IS HES STILL AMAZING QJHDWOJDIWDQo