@Morello ; About the upcoming Rengar "rework"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darklarik

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post
I may not be Morello, but figured I can provide some insight on the Rengar changes for you guys .

The main point to emphasize is that we're not trying to change Rengar's feel at all. What we do want to change is some of the not so appreciated components of Rengar that make him difficult to balance.

One of these problems is the fact that his Ferocity effects are more powerful based on the rank of the spell. As seen since Rengar's release, builds that capitalize on double casting the ability you're maxing has been problematic (early double Q all-in builds/Tank splitpush double W build). The current solution for this problem is scaling his Ferocity effects with his level across the board (like his heal currently does).

This will make the Ferocity effects equal in power regardless of what you are maxing, allowing you to choose the Ferocity effect that is best suited for the situation you are in instead of being obligated to use whatever spell you have the most points in. This will also allow us to put more power into his base stats and base abilities which should help with his jungle clear.

Another change we're currently looking at is tweaking how his ultimate works. Currently Rengar jumps at you out of no where and it's very hard to react to him because there's not much information being conveyed to the opponent. Now when Rengar activates his ultimate all enemies that Rengar sees will be made aware that he's in the area. What this does is gives the opponent more information so that they can react to the situation.

With this change it allows us to put a lot more power into the ultimate, increasing the duration and speed. While Rengar may lose the ability to jump on an unsuspecting enemy, it enables him to create really cool mind games and toy with his opponents which we've seen from internal testing. On top of that Rengar can get to a location much quicker and stay in stealth much longer retaining the feel of hunting down wounded opponents or scouting an area for priority targets.

Nothing here is set in stone but it's currently the direction we're going, hopefully that helps shed some light on the upcoming Rengar changes.
You ruined It QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ ;_;

EDIT: what i meant to say is that this worries me. If people know they are being stalked they will just go back to there turrets asap, its like Warwick's bloodscent, if you hear it activate then you know hes around and you automatically go back toard safety.

The only difference is that Bloodscent isnt on a freaking 2 min cooldown. Hows is Rengar goona even be able to catch people with his ult now if you ALSO removed the jump?

ElDynamite

05-03-2013

Quote:
The goal is to be able to choose which path you want to go based on what you rank / choose to use for Ferocity / items built. With these changes where we can achieve a better balance for Rengar we can make his assassin build more viable as it won't create nearly as toxic of an experience.
I have to say, I don't feel Rengar can ever shine as an assassin. He doesn't have a gapcloser except for his ult... are there any plans for him to become more efficient of an assassin in this regard, or will he become an AD bruiser of some sort like Jax?

Fenix9000

05-03-2013

Really depressed now
The whole schtick with Rengar's ultimate was to catch an unsuspecting enemy
It gave me a thrill "of the hunt"
It felt incredible when the enemy says "I just **** my pants" After i pounce em
I can just imagine them jumping in their seats
But now it is literally just a TF ult that stealth and doesnt TP
Whatever, i woulda just preferred a few minor flat buffs to a rework..

SSOTP

05-03-2013

Quote:
I

With this change it allows us to put a lot more power into the ultimate, increasing the duration and speed. While Rengar may lose the ability to jump on an unsuspecting enemy, it enables him to create really cool mind games and toy with his opponents which we've seen from internal testing. On top of that Rengar can get to a location much quicker and stay in stealth much longer retaining the feel of hunting down wounded opponents or scouting an area for priority targets.

No hes a lion a part of the cat family, his jump / pounce makes him unique and very cool it needs to be left alone.

Lv1 Facecheck GG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnamarak View Post
Tell me again how Wariwck players love this mechanic so much.

They dont.
They also don't have stealth, CC, or gap closing, and have to remember to toggle off the ability themselves.

I probably wouldn't like it as much either.

Boo the Hamster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

Quote:
The goal is to be able to choose which path you want to go based on what you rank / choose to use for Ferocity / items built. With these changes where we can achieve a better balance for Rengar we can make his assassin build more viable as it won't create nearly as toxic of an experience.

It will now play for anyone who is within his vision range during the ultimate, including enemies in FOW.
So you're getting rid of his ganking potential, since it doesn't even activate immediately.

Got it. Just Shyvana Rengar so he will not only be able to not kill anything, but he can't gank anything either.

Dextii

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo the Hamster View Post
So you're getting rid of his ganking potential, since it doesn't even activate immediately.

Got it. Just Shyvana Rengar so he will not only be able to not kill anything, but he can't gank anything either.
Oh come on, you don't even know what it's going to turn out like.

Quit whining and let things take its course, we'll judge when the time comes of PBE/Live release.

Ankokukai

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
But that's the thing, he's not enjoyable. Every single time I play rengar, I ask myself why I'm not playing Zed or Talon. They do every single thing he does, do it better, and do a bunch of other things he doesn't. He sucks and he will continue to suck as long as his ult HAS to be a stealth jump out of nowhere (not the only way to give the predator feel) and his W HAS to be a tank in a can spell. That needs to go and soon. Otherwise Rengar will be the next Irelia; boring bruiser with 50 different bad mechanics on one kit and it all sucks because if it didn't he would be broken.

A fun champion is fine, a fun champion at the cost of its viability and good design is not. =/
That's the point, if YOU, and YOU personally dont like Rengar because other champs are stronger, dont play him, dont look at him and dont talk about him

You are only caring about his power level, not his feel, not his hunter playstyle ~ by comparing him to Zed and Talon you're only talking about his power level ~ you are basically saying that if a champion isnt strong YOU cant enjoy him/her

Go play Zed and Talon, leave real Rengar players enjoy their champ, even if he's weak ~ same applies to Poppy players (for an example) ~, they know she's not viable because of her extremely weak early game and lack of an spot in the meta, but people like her that way, because they know if they reach late game, they are an unstoppable smurf God

Cpt Mookie

05-03-2013

Classik, can you answer me a question? I am a Rengar main, and well I have realized through constant analyzing other players playstyle, and hours of personal gameplay, that maxing bola strike is the most efficient way to lane with Rengar.

Not Q.

Because the ad ratio on his Q is so aggressive and leveling it up from 1 to 5 only gives Rengar a bonus 120 damage. Leaving bola strike to be the actual better way to get damage, play an efficient assassin and lane better. If you change the way leveling up his abilities works and make it so assassins can only max Q then you hurt his laning phase from lv 1-9 and currently laning is the best way to play him.

Q Savagery - 30/60/90/120/150

E Bola Strike - 60/105/150/195/240

I really trust you guys, I am just a concerned Rengar player. I am one of the few people that believe that he is in a good place.

slamor

05-03-2013

Quote:

It will now play for anyone who is within his vision range during the ultimate, including enemies in FOW.
What about the people who can not play with sound? Are you making a champ just to crush those people?

This also sounds like some dumb burden of knowledge you are adding in.