@Morello ; About the upcoming Rengar "rework"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lv1 Facecheck GG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

Interesting... You said that you were putting an indicator on his ultimate for nearby enemies. Have you considered going global with it? Psychologically, make it have the effect of say Nocturne's ult? The whole "Oh ****, I don't see the guy but someone on our team is likely about to get jumped, and just in case it's me, time to run to the tower." has a nice secondary utility to it and really feels satisfying, and I'm sure would be a welcome addition to Rengar

Redeemed In Fire

05-03-2013

Why are some of the people in this thread clinging to mechanics that are holding back Rengar and keeping him from being strong?

Ankokukai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Why are some of the people in this thread clinging to mechanics that are holding back Rengar and keeping him from being strong?
I want him to be enjoyable, i want him to give me the feeling of being a true predator with all of his animations and sounds, specially, the effect his ultimate brings to the player

Us, the ones that keep playing Rengar no matter how hard Riot nerfed him dont give 2 ****s about Rengar being strong, we want him to be enjoyable, that's all

And if we ever asked for a change, we just wanted a little neutral monster reduction on W so he can clear a little better, and that's all

Parfive

05-03-2013

fix that dumb nerf you did to his ult ... and bring back ad nid most pointless nerf na/eu/kr/world champ with no cc so you take away armor and mr .... only useful ap now

Rintastic

05-03-2013

Why does Riot keep including stealth in kits if they end up changing it after release to be less stealthy? Kind of defeats the purpose.

shorttallguy

05-03-2013

All the changes being talked about sound fine to me EXCEPT taking away the leap from the ulti. Not cool. He's supposed to be the ultimate hunter. Leaping on people makes him feel like one. Don't take that away.

Redeemed In Fire

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankokukai View Post
I want him to be enjoyable, i want him to give me the feeling of being a true predator with all of his animations and sounds, specially, the effect his ultimate brings to the player

Us, the ones that keep playing Rengar no matter how hard Riot nerfed him dont give 2 ****s about Rengar being strong, we want him to be enjoyable, that's all

And if we ever asked for a change, we just wanted a little neutral monster reduction on W so he can clear a little better, and that's all
But that's the thing, he's not enjoyable. Every single time I play rengar, I ask myself why I'm not playing Zed or Talon. They do every single thing he does, do it better, and do a bunch of other things he doesn't. He sucks and he will continue to suck as long as his ult HAS to be a stealth jump out of nowhere (not the only way to give the predator feel) and his W HAS to be a tank in a can spell. That needs to go and soon. Otherwise Rengar will be the next Irelia; boring bruiser with 50 different bad mechanics on one kit and it all sucks because if it didn't he would be broken.

A fun champion is fine, a fun champion at the cost of its viability and good design is not. =/

Dextii

05-03-2013

Oh my god guys, are you for real?

"BUFF RENGAR! GIVE RENGAR CHANGES!"

Riot explains Rengar's kit is broken and horribly designed, and even GD admits it.

"OMG RIOT I LOVE RENGAR THE WAY HE IS! I CAN MAKE FIGHTS 5v4 WITH HIM! PLEASE DON'T CHANGE RENGAR"

Suck it up guys, he's going to get changed because he needs it, you can't buy a champion expecting them to stay in their state forever. I mean, Trundle held that title but look what happened to him? Now he's a great strong Ice Troll King.

Nothing stays the same forever, if something needs to be done, it needs to be done and if we can't adapt to change then I feel bad for you when something changes for the worse in your life.

Tl;DR - Rengar needs to be changed, if you can't deal with that, then move along. Me as a Rengar main, i'm excited for his rework, I know i'm not the only one and I also know there's others who disagree, but it's happening and we can't stop that.

Instalockers

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post
The goal is to be able to choose which path you want to go based on what you rank / choose to use for Ferocity / items built. With these changes where we can achieve a better balance for Rengar we can make his assassin build more viable as it won't create nearly as toxic of an experience.

It will now play for anyone who is within his vision range during the ultimate, including enemies in FOW.
Can you make his ult give away areas covered by a vision-ward or a champion with oracle, just so he doesn't walk right into one? I mean, you're already giving people the ability to know he's there so that he can't assassinate adc's behind teamfights anymore. He should at least be able to hunt down people in the jungle.

Magnamarak

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post

Another change we're currently looking at is tweaking how his ultimate works. Currently Rengar jumps at you out of no where and it's very hard to react to him because there's not much information being conveyed to the opponent. Now when Rengar activates his ultimate all enemies that Rengar sees will be made aware that he's in the area. What this does is gives the opponent more information so that they can react to the situation.
Tell me again how Warwick players love this mechanic so much.

They dont.

Can we just remove stealth completly, wats the point of being stealth if the enemy know im there? thats why we have pink wards and oracle, right?