How to deal with Pantheon in mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiyoSpirit

04-26-2013

Did a normal blind pick and ended up against Pantheon as Anivia. What am I supposed to do in this matchup? I can't combo until lvl 2 and his spear has a 4 sec CD, so he can use it whenever I come nearby to CS. If I'm careful, I can stun him without him being able to get near me, but if I come in to E, he can stun me, and I'll walk away with a lot more damage done to myself than him.

Bread Bee

04-26-2013

Just dodge his spears
....O wait

Kiun

04-26-2013

Just survive, preferably.

OBITWIZZLE

04-26-2013

switch lanes. Panth will shield slam, E and spear all day and you'll just fly away slowly

Synthetic Sound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

04-26-2013

Ask for a lane swap

Haitake

04-26-2013

Not every champ can beat every champ.

Proelium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2013

then sit safe till level 2 and then take him out.lol

And you mentioned his stun, which he'll take on level 2... so you aren't JUST talking about level 1. Therefore you CAN combo him with your Q/E, just be smart about it. Maybe wait for him to engage, and when his stun wears off THEN you stun him and E him.

Also, start with armor and pots, go straight for the seekers and you'll be fine. at level 6 zone him so he dies if he all-in's and stun him if he tries to ult to another lane.

Deitrix

04-26-2013

Not a lot you can do other than tower hug hard until you get your ult, then farm with that. Anivia is a bad, bad mid to fight Pantheon, alas. If you don't feed him, he should be pretty manageable late-game though.

WukongBR

04-26-2013

Start cloth x5, get armguard, there is no reason to lose mid as an AP anymore while Armguard exists.

KiyoSpirit

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adradian View Post
then sit safe till level 2 and then take him out.lol

And you mentioned his stun, which he'll take on level 2... so you aren't JUST talking about level 1. Therefore you CAN combo him with your Q/E, just be smart about it. Maybe wait for him to engage, and when his stun wears off THEN you stun him and E him.

Also, start with armor and pots, go straight for the seekers and you'll be fine. at level 6 zone him so he dies if he all-in's and stun him if he tries to ult to another lane.
Yes, I can combo him, but I walk away with a lot more damage done to myself than I do to him.

Did try to zone him at level 6 but I would run out of mana too quickly and be unable to do anything.