Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Too many tournys?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bekkal

04-26-2013

Quote:
HorseProofBacon:
If you payed attention to the very first post, you'd see that I already addressed that. Over the past couple of months, they have had more tourny's/streamed games than they have in the previous year. The games seem to be all over the place, with no set "off season" and no set amount of games per year. Due to the lack of structure, that is why it is not considered a true sport, but more of just an entertaining stream.

I can no longer tell if you're trolling.

This season they're running their own league, rather than having random tourneys and points awarded. The league will be played every week, with cumulative records for each mini-season determining team placement. Top teams at the end go to World Championships.

What you are upset about is that there is an official league instead of random tourneys. You're complaining about a sport becoming more legitimate.

Quote:
HorseProofBacon:
There's been more games in this season because this season hasn't ended yet? That doesn't make any sense. What about last season? Logic fail.

Anyway, enjoy the streams if you want, I'm not here to argue with random context. I was here to make a statement, job done, continue to argue if you must but you can do it without me. No, I won't be baited back regardless of the inevitable incoming demeaning remarks.

There was no LCS last season. Stop being stupid.

ImWithImpaired

04-26-2013

Quote:
HorseProofBacon:
Sports have off seasons though where they go months without playing even a practice game.

Analogy flawed.

Um. For every sport you practice in the off season or you will suck at it when it comes back around.
Couter argument flawed.

LesPlastic

04-26-2013

And then OP refuses to clarify what his point was and just spam downvotes.

/thread

MathMage

04-26-2013

Off-season will be from October through ~February. OP can relax.

And no, there aren't 'too many tourneys', because nobody's been paying attention to any of the actual tourneys that have been happening. They've been paying attention to the LCS, which isn't a tourney.

Are we done?

Grimwolff

04-26-2013

Pretend that league is like football now. During football season there are 3 days of the week every week that have games (thursday, sunday, monday). LCS is essentially the same thing (normal weeks have NA on Thurs/Fri and EU on Sat/Sun).

We had a half season so far, the next will end in fall with the finals and then there will be an off season just like in season 2. The format has changed. No longer do teams compete in tons of tourneys. Basically LoL is more like the NFL, NBA, MLB and less like Karate or Golf (which was how it was before)