Too many tournys?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dcastratd Coffee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
So does League. Did you just start playing in the last couple months?
So when is their off season then? Is it scheduled like sports teams have them? Let me guess, it's your first season right? Welcome to the league, you have much to learn.

Shut It Donny

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseProofBacon View Post
Doubtful, otherwise sports wouldn't be playing at all during the time another sport is playing. You're assuming that people who watch one sport like all the other sports, which is entirely not true. For example; Basketball season and football season are in session during the same time periods (basketball lasts several months longer). I also like baksetball, but have little interest in football/baseball/soccer/tennis/etc.
Well yes of course they overlap times. But they don't all run all at the same time.

Or I could just be talking out my ass.

mrdude5410

04-26-2013

I treat this as a regular season. I watch the good games and ignore the ones where the outcome is probably predetermined. Now that we're in the playoffs things should be more interesting.

Bekkal

04-26-2013

Quote:
So when is their off season then? Is it scheduled like sports teams have them? Let me guess, it's your first season right? Welcome to the league, you have much to learn.
I've been here since PreSeason 1.

You're telling me you really don't remember the off-seasons? Were you hibernating or something?

Finals were in October. Off-season started immediately after.

Dcastratd Coffee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
I've been here since PreSeason 1.

You're telling me you really don't remember the off-seasons? Were you hibernating or something?

Finals were in October. Off-season started immediately after.
If you payed attention to the very first post, you'd see that I already addressed that. Over the past couple of months, they have had more tourny's/streamed games than they have in the previous year. The games seem to be all over the place, with no set "off season" and no set amount of games per year. Due to the lack of structure, that is why it is not considered a true sport, but more of just an entertaining stream.

LesPlastic

04-26-2013

Quote:
If you payed attention to the very first post, you'd see that I already addressed that. Over the past couple of months, they have had more tourny's/streamed games than they have in the previous year. The games seem to be all over the place, with no set "off season" and no set amount of games per year. Due to the lack of structure, that is why it is not considered a true sport, but more of just an entertaining stream.
Theres been more games in the on season...because the league season hasn't ended yet and reached the off season. The off season is after the world championships, just like every other sport. How hard is that to understand?

Dcastratd Coffee

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPlastic View Post
Theres been more games in the on season...because the league season hasn't ended yet and reached the off season. The off season is after the world championships, just like every other sport. How hard is that to understand?
There's been more games in this season because this season hasn't ended yet? That doesn't make any sense. What about last season? Logic fail.

Anyway, enjoy the streams if you want, I'm not here to argue with random context. I was here to make a statement, job done, continue to argue if you must but you can do it without me. No, I won't be baited back regardless of the inevitable incoming demeaning remarks.

TrojanHorse

04-26-2013

There is a structure. NA games are every Thursday. It's been 10 weeks of regular season. I'm not sure I understand what's complicated about that.

rathy Aro

04-26-2013

Quote:
There will probably be an off season after the spring play offs (not sure and too lazy to check) and there will definitely be an off season after s3 championships like there always has been. Not sure what your complaint is.

LesPlastic

04-26-2013

Quote:
There's been more games in this season because this season hasn't ended yet? That doesn't make any sense. What about last season? Logic fail.

Anyway, enjoy the streams if you want, I'm not here to argue with random context. I was here to make a statement, job done, continue to argue if you must but you can do it without me. No, I won't be baited back regardless of the inevitable incoming demeaning remarks.
Um...what? Your logic was that because this season has more games there must be no more offseason which simply isn't true. I never made a single demeaning remark? It's just that the games which determine who goes to worlds are more frequent instead of spread out, that has 0 to do with whether or not they have an off season after worlds. If anyone's logic is flawed it was yours from the start.