Too many tournys?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hairy Blewbs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2013

I used to get really excited when a tournament came out because they were a once a month (or two months) kind of thing when they first started. Now there is a tournament every 5 days or so (which then goes on for 3 days) and I am just starting to get burned out and not so interested in watching them as I used to be.

That, and every time a tournament goes on, some champs get nerfed shortly after.

Anybody else feel the same way?

Bekkal

04-26-2013

They aren't tournies, they're games in a league. The tourneys are more rare, and determine who is allowed to compete in said league.

What you're saying is that you don't like sports because games happen too often. Think about that for a minute,

30 Helens

04-26-2013

I agree. Oversaturated.

Hairy Blewbs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
They aren't tournies, they're games in a league. The tourneys are more rare, and determine who is allowed to compete in said league.

What you're saying is that you don't like sports because games happen too often. Think about that for a minute,
Sports have off seasons though where they go months without playing even a practice game.

Analogy flawed.

Shut It Donny

04-26-2013

Tell me who is forcing you to watch OP, and I'll come kick in the knee.

Actingman

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseProofBacon View Post
Sports have off seasons though where they go months without playing even a practice game.

Analogy flawed.
And there will be an off-season after the world finals...

Plus LCS weeks have nowhere near as many games as a tournament. It's a league now. There are games every week. It's awesome.

Shut It Donny

04-26-2013

Quote:

Analogy flawed.
I believe that's partly because of competition between the sports. If football and baseball were year round, one of them would be losing viewers. E-Sports doesn't exactly work the same way.

Hairy Blewbs

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shut It Donny View Post
I believe that's partly because of competition between the sports. If football and baseball were year round, one of them would be losing viewers. E-Sports doesn't exactly work the same way.
Doubtful, otherwise sports wouldn't be playing at all during the time another sport is playing. You're assuming that people who watch one sport like all the other sports, which is entirely not true. For example; Basketball season and football season are in session during the same time periods (basketball lasts several months longer). I also like baksetball, but have little interest in football/baseball/soccer/tennis/etc.

rathy Aro

04-26-2013

Its a system similar to a basketball, baseball, or football season. You play in the regular season where you get a bunch of games and a few are hype because of the match ups and then at the end of the season you get really hype for the post-season. The finals of the post season can feel more hype than finals of a tournament. For example I think the super bowl is more hype than the finals of Wimbledon and I prefer tennis.

Bekkal

04-26-2013

Quote:

Analogy flawed.

So does League. Did you just start playing in the last couple months?