Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

GD Help me not suck

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordSir Swagalot

04-26-2013

GD I'm a Silver player with dreams of Gold but after these last 3 games I'm feeling very discouraged.
Anivia 11-3-3 : Defeat
I dominated my lane but top and bot were losing. Go Bot and get a triple kill push all three first towers but cant win teamfights because once they blow everything on me my team dies without killing anything. Turtle for 35 minutes doesnt matter they still win every teamfight get baron and win.
Build: Tear, RoA, Sorc Shoes(Alacrity) Liandry's, GA, Rabodons

Caitlyn 15-7-15 : Defeat
Dominated lane pushed first tower went mid won first few teamfights and pushed to inhib but didnt destroy it. Their bruisers (Leona Kha Talon and VI) get enough damage and tankyness they jump on me and my team cant peel and I die. Lose every teamfight cause Fiddlesticks doesnt know how to ult(tries to ult in the middle of the team fight and dies) Proceed to lose fight at baron and lose game.
Build: Vamp Scepter Dorans bladex2 Berserker's greaves Bloodthirster Phantom dancer, Randuins, IE

Anivia 22-5-9 : Defeat
It was last night I dont really remember it.
Build: Tear, RoA, sorc shoes Liandrys, Rabodons, Zhonyas, Seraph's embrace

So I guess my question is how do I step up my game so that when Im doing well but my team is doing bad I can carry them to victory. My best champ is probably Anivia although Im pretty good at Lux Kat Nidalee Cait Gangplank Nocturne(Jungle) Jax and when I support I play Nami or Janna.
In other words :GD HALP

TL;DR: I do well but lose games how do I carry harder?

Nasdrovia499

04-26-2013

1) 3 games are nothing, you're annoyed by the fact that it's a succession of losses. A common advice is, if you lose 2 games in a row, take a break. Some people need 2 min, some others 1 hour, but anyway dont press "play again". Maybe go play an ARAM or something. Come back after.

2) Too small sample to judge, but you seem to do quite well with some of your most played champs (Anivia, Cait, Kata, Xin...). Keep playing them when you can. Hum...avoid Nidalee tho

3) Soloqueue isn't about winning every single game, it's about consistency. Looks to me that you'll climb up if you keep playing. Accept that some games are uncarriable, don't flame/rage and just do what you can while waiting for the next game. Who knows, maybe one of your teammates will suddenly decide to win, or his big bro will come back and take over (I swear it happened in one of my games ).

4) At this rating, keep your defensive item for last on ADC. Get a giant belt vs assassins jumping on you if needed, but dont complete the mogs / randuin until later. Get that LW asap and kill them before they kill you.

5) Be selfish. By that I mean that if you consistently get fed, you're the core of your team. Use your mates as meatshields and baits, don't show up until you have enough vision, a good position, and most CDs have been blown. Even if the enemy carry came 5 sec before you, you'll win if you're fed and don't die at the beginning of the fight.

How to carry harder ? Make sure you don't die once you're fed. Make the calls for your team whenever you can, force them to take objectives. Know that they WILL fail - and so will you, sometimes - so what you want is to end the game before that happens...or at least get enough objectives to be ahead even if you get aced.

LordSir Swagalot

04-26-2013

Thanks for the tips.

Fenstick

04-26-2013

I don't understand the GA on Anivia, I feel like an Hourglass would have been much better.

That Cait game there wasn't anything you could do. They had 4 people to dive on you. You just needed to hang back and let someone else get jumped on since it's very difficult to peel 4 players off of an ADC before the ADC is dead. This game would have been a much better fit for the GA.

The other Anivia game I can't really find a problem.

Overall though, I think you could improve your farming a bit, especially with Anivia. Once you hit 6 you should get every minion in lane + Wraiths and maybe even Wolves if it's not gonna screw your jungler too much.

Keep playing though, from your scores it seems like you'll raise through Ranked for sure. The biggest thing with Ranked is to not get too discouraged when you lose, be it just a game, or failing Promo series. You get more chances to make it to the next Division/Tier so keep trying.