Is there a better way for the Frejlord patch to have been brought to the community?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rathy Aro

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
Quinn and New Karma were terrible,
Say that 2 my face m8

Gewcebawcks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2013

Quote:
I wouldn't be happy, not that Riot has dramatically slowed down in releasing content.

at this point i'm losing faith in Riots ability to deliver, even when we do get champions now, they are more or less disappointing, besides ZAC.

Quinn and New Karma were terrible,
Do you have any concept of the Game Development process. Lets do some quick math:

New champion is being tested in PBE.
QA must test that champions abilities... all 5 of them, against every other ability in the game.
For the sake of easy math, let's say there are 100 champions.
100 Champions x 5 abilities:
500 Abilities.
QA must now test the new champion against those 500 abilities.
Not only that, but they have to check how multiple abilities stack on target...
...so does the game crash when Lissandra is effected by Yorick's Ulti, and Morde's at the same time? When Darius's bleed effect is on Lissandra, and she activates Frozen Tomb, does the bleed damage still tick?

With each new champion released, the test cycle grows larger and longer.

You should be THRILLED that Riot gives access to the PBE, and that they communicate so much with it's fan base. How many developers have such a close ear to the ground when it comes to their community? Zero.

You're playing a free to play game by a developer that regularly releases new content and communicates requests for community feedback, highlights community artists, clearly explains the reasons behind controversial decisions, and has the strongest E-Sports scene... IN THE WORLD.

But keep to your narrow minded, instant gratification viewpoint. All of GD is waiting with baited breath to hear your next rational, well thought out post.

Whiteglint3

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewcebawcks View Post
Do you have any concept of the Game Development process. Lets do some quick math:

New champion is being tested in PBE.
QA must test that champions abilities... all 5 of them, against every other ability in the game.
For the sake of easy math, let's say there are 100 champions.
100 Champions x 5 abilities:
500 Abilities.
QA must now test the new champion against those 500 abilities.
Not only that, but they have to check how multiple abilities stack on target...
...so does the game crash when Lissandra is effected by Yorick's Ulti, and Morde's at the same time? When Darius's bleed effect is on Lissandra, and she activates Frozen Tomb, does the bleed damage still tick?

With each new champion released, the test cycle grows larger and longer.

You should be THRILLED that Riot gives access to the PBE, and that they communicate so much with it's fan base. How many developers have such a close ear to the ground when it comes to their community? Zero.

You're playing a free to play game by a developer that regularly releases new content and communicates requests for community feedback, highlights community artists, clearly explains the reasons behind controversial decisions, and has the strongest E-Sports scene... IN THE WORLD.

But keep to your narrow minded, instant gratification viewpoint. All of GD is waiting with baited breath to hear your next rational, well thought out post.
I don't have to be thrilled about anything, i'm a customer, and if Riot wants my business, they'll deliver.

man, the new age of gaming brought with it companies, and the people who defend them, thinking they aren't serving a product, and that the customer should be happy he gets anything at all.

you sound exactly like the shills at Bioware when people complained about Mass effect 3, Dragon age 2, and Star Wars the Old Republic.

both the company, and the "drones" went on and on about how entitled the complainers were.

Gewcebawcks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2013

Quote:
I don't have to be thrilled about anything, i'm a customer, and if Riot wants my business, they'll deliver.
Well they deliver frequently. They have delivered 3 champions in as many months (roughtly speaking). Delivered new lore. They are redoing multiple champions in upcoming patches. So... yes, they deliver. Just because they haven't released a champion you like recently just shows exactly how egocentric your post is. Look at your above reply... wake up man. Stop being a selfish D-Bag.

Quote:
man, the new age of gaming brought with it companies, and the people who defend them, thinking they aren't serving a product, and that the customer should be happy he gets anything at all.
An incorrect assement. People defend products and companies they love. Look at Apple users, Ford vs. Chevy drivers, comic book publishers, internet browsers, movie studios, cell phone manufacturers.... ALL companies that produce products that their fans defend. In the gaming industry, (by the way, are you even in the gaming industry to make these bombastic statements?) fans are a little more hardcore, as most of them have either a time or monetary investment in the games they play. No one wants to hear someone bash the thing they love and pay $14.95 a month to play. I, as a customer of Riot Games, am very happy with the direction the game has gone, the growth Riot has experienced, and with their continued success will bring more features and champions to the game. I for one am happy Riot takes time to test it's programming before they release to the public. If you don't care for something like that, please... go check out SMITE (and enjoy the crashes).

Quote:
you sound exactly like the shills at Bioware when people complained about Mass effect 3, Dragon age 2, and Star Wars the Old Republic.
No context. No reference. No links. Just angry words with no substance. See my above comments about fanboys defending what they invest in and love. Maybe you should learn to enjoy the games you play. Maybe you'll have a little less negativity in your life.

Also, friends. Get friends.

Quote:
both the company, and the "drones" went on and on about how entitled the complainers were.
The only one acting entitled here is you. "RIOT Y U NO RELEASE CHAMPIONS ON MAH SCHEDULE!?!11!!? BEST MAKE IT THE CHAMPION I LIKE THIS TIME! I GO POST THIS IN GD WHERE EVERYONE AGREE WITH MY SMARTS. ALSO REFUSE TO READ THROUGH WELL THOUGHT OUT RESPONSES BECAUSE IM MAD BRO. SUPR MAD!"

Grow up, get some patience, lose the elitist attitude, and stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

Done trying to speak logic and reason to someone who refuses to listen and is simply raging about literally NOTHING.

TL;DR?
OP is a rage kid raging about rage because raging makes the rage hole in his lil heart fill with rage.

/thread

Whiteglint3

04-26-2013

Quote:
Well they deliver frequently. They have delivered 3 champions in as many months (roughtly speaking). Delivered new lore. They are redoing multiple champions in upcoming patches. So... yes, they deliver. Just because they haven't released a champion you like recently just shows exactly how egocentric your post is. Look at your above reply... wake up man. Stop being a selfish D-Bag.

An incorrect assement. People defend products and companies they love. Look at Apple users, Ford vs. Chevy drivers, comic book publishers, internet browsers, movie studios, cell phone manufacturers.... ALL companies that produce products that their fans defend. In the gaming industry, (by the way, are you even in the gaming industry to make these bombastic statements?) fans are a little more hardcore, as most of them have either a time or monetary investment in the games they play. No one wants to hear someone bash the thing they love and pay $14.95 a month to play. I, as a customer of Riot Games, am very happy with the direction the game has gone, the growth Riot has experienced, and with their continued success will bring more features and champions to the game. I for one am happy Riot takes time to test it's programming before they release to the public. If you don't care for something like that, please... go check out SMITE (and enjoy the crashes).

No context. No reference. No links. Just angry words with no substance. See my above comments about fanboys defending what they invest in and love. Maybe you should learn to enjoy the games you play. Maybe you'll have a little less negativity in your life.

Also, friends. Get friends.

The only one acting entitled here is you. "RIOT Y U NO RELEASE CHAMPIONS ON MAH SCHEDULE!?!11!!? BEST MAKE IT THE CHAMPION I LIKE THIS TIME! I GO POST THIS IN GD WHERE EVERYONE AGREE WITH MY SMARTS. ALSO REFUSE TO READ THROUGH WELL THOUGHT OUT RESPONSES BECAUSE IM MAD BRO. SUPR MAD!"

Grow up, get some patience, lose the elitist attitude, and stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

Done trying to speak logic and reason to someone who refuses to listen and is simply raging about literally NOTHING.

TL;DR?
OP is a rage kid raging about rage because raging makes the rage hole in his lil heart fill with rage.

/thread

I was speaking in generalities, if a company wants the customers money, they'll deliver.

they don't need you to go on long, retarded rants against people stating the obvious while acting like they are speaking "logic" hidden as poor insults.

you sound far more childish than you think, just re-read what you wrote, your pathetic.

Whiteglint3

04-26-2013

also your bringing emotions and anger where there isn't any (at least from my end).

its this simple, if Riot shows me something I want, i'll buy it, if they don't, I won't.

there isn't an entitlements on either end, just because i've bought dozesn of champions doesn't entitle me to more, and just because the game is free to play doesn't entitle Riot to my money.

and its a fact Riot has slowed down on champion development, this means if a champion comes out that I (or anyone else) doesn't like, its that much longer till ill buy another one, is this a problem for Riot? nope, because plenty of people will.

its my problem, singularly, as a customer, with Riot, nothing else, it doesn't need your retarded, overlong, insult-filled, fanboyish rant, because that is superfluous, Riot doesn't need you to defend their honor, you can take off your shining white armor.

when you learn to tackle an arguement with more than insults, i'm sure you'll make more valid, level headed points, but as of now, you sound like a child.

Gewcebawcks

04-26-2013

Quote:
its my problem, singularly, as a customer, with Riot, nothing else,
Has a singular problem with Riot.
Posts in GD.
GG

Also, your pathetic attempt to turn my arguments against you back on myself is laughable at best. It would have been a lot easier to just copy and paste what I wrote to you.

Or better yet, since I'm speaking to a child, use the ole "I'm rubber, your glue" defense. Airtight.

I'm done talking to such a narrow-minded, easily bested pariah who only craves attention. When you're ready to actually read my posts, and have a well thought out conversation... come at me bro.

Until then, grow up. Your arguments are completely off topic, and only serve to discredit your self-indulgent complaints.

Riot does not make the game just for you. They make it for all of us to enjoy. This is not YOUR game.

*dusts off hands*
You're done son. Go educate yourself.

Gewcebawcks

04-26-2013

Quote:
your
you're*

GG

Gewcebawcks

04-26-2013

Quote:
also your bringing emotions and anger where there isn't any (at least from my end).

its this simple, if Riot shows me something I want, i'll buy it, if they don't, I won't.

there isn't an entitlements on either end, just because i've bought dozesn of champions doesn't entitle me to more, and just because the game is free to play doesn't entitle Riot to my money.

and its a fact Riot has slowed down on champion development, this means if a champion comes out that I (or anyone else) doesn't like, its that much longer till ill buy another one, is this a problem for Riot? nope, because plenty of people will.

its my problem, singularly, as a customer, with Riot, nothing else, it doesn't need your retarded, overlong, insult-filled, fanboyish rant, because that is superfluous, Riot doesn't need you to defend their honor, you can take off your shining white armor.

when you learn to tackle an arguement with more than insults, i'm sure you'll make more valid, level headed points, but as of now, you sound like a child.
Again, the irony of this post made me lol. You're a funny guy. Ignorant, but funny.

Grow up kid. Not your game.

It's our game.

Whiteglint3

04-26-2013

Quote:
Has a singular problem with Riot.
Posts in GD.
GG

Also, your pathetic attempt to turn my arguments against you back on myself is laughable at best. It would have been a lot easier to just copy and paste what I wrote to you.

Or better yet, since I'm speaking to a child, use the ole "I'm rubber, your glue" defense. Airtight.

I'm done talking to such a narrow-minded, easily bested pariah who only craves attention. When you're ready to actually read my posts, and have a well thought out conversation... come at me bro.

Until then, grow up. Your arguments are completely off topic, and only serve to discredit your self-indulgent complaints.

Riot does not make the game just for you. They make it for all of us to enjoy. This is not YOUR game.

*dusts off hands*
You're done son. Go educate yourself.
who says it was my game? your still ranting mad with retarded insults I see.

i'd suggest you to grow up as well, obviously, also stating "yep I won the arguement, go educate yourself" is retarded, you'd be laughed out of the debate hall.

enjoy that ego I suppose? I don't know, you respond to me like i'm saying something that i'm not, just because I have a personal issue with something, doesn't mean you interject with all of this garbage.

like I said, your childish, you bring an un-natural level of hate for no reason.