Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is there a better way for the Frejlord patch to have been brought to the community?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seraphnite

04-26-2013

Quick side-note: I know that Riot has acknowledged this problem, but I felt like we as a community could discuss its solutions.

It feels like there has been a great lull in between the moment when the frejlord patch was announced, started to be talked about, and its release. Which as of this post, it still has not been released. I realize that it takes Riot a long time to get everything done. They need to beta test every champion. They need to work on all the skin bugs. They needed to take down the new ARAM map a bunch of times just to perfect it.

However, the problem with the beta is that there are no secrets. We get the information immediately from those who have accounts. (I have no problem with this) There may be parts of the community who don't read the blogs and check the red trackers, but for them this lull may be even worst.

The rate at which Riot released things to beta was likely the problem. They released them in large clumps, and then the community ate them up in an instance.

Is it possible for Riot to have released the bios into the beta one at a time? The skins one at a time? Would it lengthen the process of getting the live patch into our hands? I don't know how riot does things behind closed doors, but I would feel overwhelmed if I and a group of my peers had to check bugs on twelve skins (I counted) that were released for testing practically all at once.

TLDRMaybe it wouldn't feel like it is taking forever for this patch to come out if they treated bringing things to beta like they do with a normal release, by spacing things out.

What do you all think could have been better? A lot right away, and then a lull? or a little bit every other day to make the wait bearable?

CynicalGiant

04-26-2013

I think the patch is coming next week anyway, which is standard time (about 5 weeks iirc) for a major champ release patch.

Lumiera

04-26-2013

Quote:
CynicalGiant:
I think the patch is coming next week anyway, which is standard time (about 5 weeks iirc) for a major champ release patch.

5 weeks isn't standard. They used to be every other week but recently have been around 4 weeks. The time between Thresh and Quinn was a whopping 6 weeks though.

CynicalGiant

04-26-2013

Quote:
Syshina:
5 weeks isn't standard. They used to be every other week but recently have been around 4 weeks. The time between Thresh and Quinn was a whopping 6 weeks though.

Why does it matter though? We get a massive patch. Be happy they are being so open about the contents of the patch and the fact that they are even updating the game.

Whiteglint3

04-26-2013

Quote:
CynicalGiant:
Why does it matter though? We get a massive patch. Be happy they are being so open about the contents of the patch and the fact that they are even updating the game.

I wouldn't be happy, not that Riot has dramatically slowed down in releasing content.

at this point i'm losing faith in Riots ability to deliver, even when we do get champions now, they are more or less disapointing, besides ZAC.

Quinn and New Karma were terrible,

Sergetov

04-26-2013

It's actually going to be paid DLC, just wait.

PickleChutney

04-26-2013

Quote:
CynicalGiant:

Whut?

That's how RIOT makes money lol.

They stop updating the game and they go broke... Just FYI.

Seraphnite

04-26-2013

Quote:
CynicalGiant:

The First Journey into Frejlord was 6 weeks ago. If it comes out next week, it will have been 7 weeks. Almost two months. I have no problem with the over all time.

I just think the wait would be better if there were was a constant information flow.

Whiteglint3

04-26-2013

Quote:
Kudakerushi:
The First Journey into Frejlord was 6 weeks ago. If it comes out next week, it will have been 7 weeks. Almost two months. I have no problem with the over all time.

I just think the wait would be better if there were was a constant information flow.

honestly I could care less about the semi-reworks of Sej and Trundle.

even Lyssandra is pretty boring to me, though I have enough IP to get her twice, even with the new IP levels, its just been that long.

I'm just ready to see something interesting and new, so the faster this gets out and we can get to something else, the better.

Fenstick

04-26-2013

I'm glad they're taking their time. it's a beast of a patch. I want them to have it 100% figured out when it goes Live so that they don't miss a semicolon in the code and then lose the server for a week trying to fix it.