Morello Want to Rework Poppy

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 39
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rathy Aro

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Eventually. After Heimer, my prediction is Poppy is the "new Eve."
Is this what Poppy players/poppy mains want? Because I sure as hell don't want one of the few champions I like becoming homogenized and getting all the fun stripped from her kit.

Riot pls don't.

edit: The plot thickens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Well, there are two choices; I'm OK with both to some extent;

* Rework Poppy and make her a real pick in League, balance appropriately.

* Don't rework Poppy, and never ever buff her, and nerf her if she ever sees play.
Try to harass the details of Poppy's possible rework out of Morello.

Sheogorath

04-26-2013

inb4 poppy gets her ultimate removed and her kit dumbed down and made unviable even with the right comps. This has totally not happened before.

Zorasama

04-26-2013

No please don't

I don't want ice yeti poppy

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2013

Cuz you know, remakes have totally had a terrible track record. Nobody ever uses remake champs. And I mean, Kat was completely useless with the remake. Same with Kayle. The (basically) remake of Udyr lately hasn't helped either. Nopes. All of these have turned out terrible.

Frank the Golem

04-26-2013

I'm not a Poppy main, but I do enjoy her. The struggles I have with her, IMHO, are twofold:

1) Early-game. Poppy farms champions rather than minions, but that also means she's a lot easier to starve. She's great when she gets rolling, but if she doesn't get rolling then she's really underwhelming. The factors going into this are exacerbated by...

2) Buggy E. Seriously, this has been an issue since her release. It's gotten better since then, but not better enough to be reliable. It's a marvelous and champion-defining skill for our favorite little blue linebacker, but if I can't count on it to do what it's supposed to do (moving but not stunning, stunning but not moving, stopping mid-lane, not stopping at a wall, doing literally nothing due to skill priorities, etc.) then it's problematic.
Yeah, I'm harping on this point, but this has been problematic for over three years. FORTY MONTHS. It makes me sad.

Personally, I'd prefer bugfixes and tweaks to give her more early-game potential (and consequently less beastly full-build potential).
But again, I'm no Poppy main, and this is just my two cents.

NocPat

04-26-2013

She's unique, fun, and effective.

No need for a rework

Kaiozo

04-26-2013

All would want for poppy is instead of pushing the champ back she "tackles" them with a 1.2 second stun on her E. Even this little tiny tweak to her kit would make her a hundred times more playable and usable in the jungle.

Ralik098

04-26-2013

They either rework her or she remains trash tier forever, they will never allow her to be a solid pick in her current state, Morello admitted as much a few months back.

Voidgolem

04-26-2013

all four of the people who play her have differing opinions, reportedly.

rathy Aro

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheogorath View Post
inb4 poppy gets her ultimate removed and her kit dumbed down and made unviable even with the right comps. This has totally not happened before.
I can see it already:
"We felt Poppy needed some waveclear to compete with other top laners so we added some area of effect damage to her Q. We reduced her mana costs across the board to keep her in line with other top laners. We felt her passive did not fit thematically so we replaced it with a stacking attack speed buff upon hitting an enemy champion (it goes up to 5%!). We needed to take some power off of Poppy to put these 'buffs' into effect so her ult now gives her 30/40/50 armor and magic resist for 10 seconds.

On an unrelated note, here's a new skin for Poppy that looks like its a recolor, but we will be pricing it as a legendary."

1234511 ... 39