Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir + Nocturne bug that riot WON'T fix! Video.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xanius

Recruiter

04-26-2013

Quote:
blah12321blah:
I wish you guys were spending that time fixing things that were actually overpowered at any point, instead of poor little spellshields. As if Noc and Sivir needed a nerf right now. Wrong priority order, riot.

EDIT: halve their spellshield cooldowns and we got a deal.

Refactoring the spellshield system also provides various other methods and such that will likely be reused or have been reused already. By fixing this one thing on the exterior they may have fixed a dozen other issues that you've never seen or experienced.

A codebase the size of LoL has thousands of interlocking pieces where a simple change to one piece can break a dozen others because those pieces have been coded with a work around to the funkiness of the original code.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

04-26-2013

Quote:
blah12321blah:
I wish you guys were spending that time fixing things that were actually overpowered at any point, instead of poor little spellshields. As if Noc and Sivir needed a nerf right now. Wrong priority order, riot.

EDIT: halve their spellshield cooldowns and we got a deal.

This will also affect banshee's veil. We're not fixing spell shields because they are "OP". We're fixing spell shields because they are broken and don't work how they should (blocking multiple spells rather than one).

CrazedPorcupine

04-26-2013

D8

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS... MY REASONS FOR PLAYING SIVIR ARE SLOWLY DWINDLING...

Can you at least compensate Sivir with a range buff? Either that or can you say if they're making Sivir's ult castable while moving without stopping her for this patch?

TheXthDoctor

04-26-2013

Tested on Banshee's Veil?

edit: shen'd by red post

Faptain Teemo

04-26-2013

I noticed if you throw an autoattack, before the projectile reaches it's target, if you have a sheen item and use w, the damage amp procs on the autoattack you sent BEFOREhand and ALSO on that w reset. Sivir pushes like a boss man.

lnrael

04-26-2013

Quote:
Dannamoth:
This will also affect banshee's veil. We're not fixing spell shields because they are "OP". We're fixing spell shields because they are broken and don't work how they should (blocking multiple spells rather than one).

feels like a huge nerf to these champs and banshees...
Are they going to be buffed in return?

Pro Anïvïa

04-26-2013

hey guys lets take a champion and and item that nobody uses and make them worse

blah12321blah

04-26-2013

Quote:
Dannamoth:

I understand that what is broken should be fixed, but you guys let some bugs in sometimes for balance reasons (Like talon's E or something), or when you do fix them, if the fix involves a power loss, you compensate in some numbers, which is good practice.
I simply hope it will be the case this time too since Noc and Siv are nowhere near overpowered right now.

TheJukeBox

04-26-2013

Now Sivir is even worse off.

GJ Riot

Pitufito Dell

04-26-2013

Quote:
JFat:
I don't get what you're saying...

Sivir shield says it blocks the next spell, it blocked the next TWO spells. It's a bug. 100%. No doubt. Doesn't do what it says. Bug.

This has happened to me in real fights more than I can count.

It's just this easy to re-create...

Spell Reflect on WoW did the same. It's just a skill thing dude.