Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir + Nocturne bug that riot WON'T fix! Video.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JFat

04-26-2013

Here is a video of Sivir shield blocking 2 abilities. Also works for nocturnes shield. Can be recreated 100% of the time... Why do they not fix this????
It specifically words these shields abilities to only block one spell... yet 2 are blocked...

http://youtu.be/cQflJiMHfAk

Nocturne: Shroud of Darkness
Active: Nocturne creates a barrier that blocks the next enemy spell that hits him within the next 1.5 seconds. If Nocturne blocks a spell, the passive attack speed bonus is doubled for 5 seconds.

Sivir: Spell Shield
Active: Creates a magical barrier that lasts up to 3 seconds which blocks a single enemy ability used on Sivir. If an ability is blocked by the shield, Sivir regains 150 mana.

P1lgr1m

04-26-2013

weird.
this should legitimately be looked at.

Klondizzle

04-26-2013

Also, her shield doesn't block Zilean bombs, which i thought was odd.

CoNmAn621

04-26-2013

Maybe it's not a bug, and it's just a skill thing? I mean, if you can time it to block two skills I think it's able to be looked over.

JFat

04-26-2013

Quote:
CoNmAn621:
Maybe it's not a bug, and it's just a skill thing? I mean, if you can time it to block two skills I think it's able to be looked over.

I don't get what you're saying...

Sivir shield says it blocks the next spell, it blocked the next TWO spells. It's a bug. 100%. No doubt. Doesn't do what it says. Bug.

This has happened to me in real fights more than I can count.

It's just this easy to re-create...

Bekkal

04-26-2013

It's most likely because the spell effects happen at the same time. Also, writing your post as if it were a conspiracy by Riot is really annoying. It's not like it's red-confirmed that they're refusing to fix it "because **** you that's why." It's probably just a tough nut to crack in the code.

With regard to zil bombs - you can spell shield the application, but not the detonation, iirc.

Poshriel

04-26-2013

This is a problem riot has talked about before, they are unsure of how to fix it because the spell doesn't know how to deal with 2 spells being cast at once. It doesn't know which one to shield so it just shields both of them.

Wertilq

04-26-2013

It's not fixed because it's a rare occurance, and it might create dubious situations, like spells from a certain player or champion having higher priority being blocked etc.

It's as much a design issue as it is a technical issue. Since it's fine like it is, without really any huge negative consequences it's better to leave it like it is, instead of spending lots of time to work on it, and get to a solution that is worse than what things are now.

JFat

04-26-2013

Quote:
Bekkal:
It's most likely because the spell effects happen at the same time. Also, writing your post as if it were a conspiracy by Riot is really annoying. It's not like it's red-confirmed that they're refusing to fix it "because **** you that's why." It's probably just a tough nut to crack in the code.

With regard to zil bombs - you can spell shield the application, but not the detonation, iirc.

Well it's been submitted as a bug and not fixed, so they aren't fixing it, so that means the title is correct.

JFat

04-26-2013

Quote:
Wertilq:
It's not fixed because it's a rare occurance, and it might create dubious situations, like spells from a certain player or champion having higher priority being blocked etc.

It's as much a design issue as it is a technical issue. Since it's fine like it is, without really any huge negative consequences it's better to leave it like it is, instead of spending lots of time to work on it, and get to a solution that is worse than what things are now.

Rare???? This has happened to me countless times, I can recreate this whenever I feel like it. That is not rare.
No negative consequence? What if it was only going to take one of those abilities hitting to kill the hero, in term helping the team/acing the team/doing whatever that has a huge effect on game play.