Why did they make Fiora?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruthless Sophie

04-26-2013

A female melee ADC was requested.... they delivered... Not that she isn't flawed.. cause she is. But I'm glad they listened.

ImpossibleGT

04-26-2013

She's really not as bad as people make her out to be.

BlackMystic

04-26-2013

Fiora's so good..but don't tell anyone

FUS R0 DAH

04-26-2013

to make more money. i mean she is like a yi i meen very close to master yi its not even funny how close lol.

Arafotab

04-26-2013

I think that fixing the melee ADC is way easier than everyone thinks it is

What's their problem? All damage and no tankiness, get destroyed in team fights in the other team knows what they're doing, especially with CC

How's squishiness solved? Make melee ADCs more tanky for team fights

How to make them more tanky? Make an item designed for them to be tanky

How to stop other people like bruisers from using it? Give it stats that no one else would use (Crit chance, attack speed, etc.)

How to stop ranged ADCs from using it? Give it an active that will require you to be on the front lines, or won't be useful unless you were on the front lines

I hope this gives someone ideas <_< It's pretty simple

Saigo Getsuga

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arafotab View Post
I think that fixing the melee ADC is way easier than everyone thinks it is

What's their problem? All damage and no tankiness, get destroyed in team fights in the other team knows what they're doing, especially with CC

How's squishiness solved? Make melee ADCs more tanky for team fights

How to make them more tanky? Make an item designed for them to be tanky

How to stop other people like bruisers from using it? Give it stats that no one else would use (Crit chance, attack speed, etc.)

How to stop ranged ADCs from using it? Give it an active that will require you to be on the front lines, or won't be useful unless you were on the front lines

I hope this gives someone ideas <_< It's pretty simple
Melee Only like Ravenous Hydra

Arafotab

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saigo Getsuga View Post
Melee Only like Ravenous Hydra
Yeah, exactly, an item like that. I'm pretty sure Riot was aiming at making melee ADC's better when they made the Ravenous Hydra.

It's just that it doesn't seem to be working as planned, it isn't making them tanky enough because they can get bursted down very quickly, lifesteal isn't as effective as it used to be after getting nerfed. Also, CC destroys Lifesteal, the moment you stop lifestealing is the moment you die. The armor nerf also makes it worse because armor has synergy with lifesteal.

What melee ADCs need is an item that will give some actually tankiness (a shield, more HP, invulnerability, damage reduction, CC reduction/immunity, etc.) to make them survive. Either that, or buff the lifesteal on Ravenous Hydra like crazy until melee ADCs are viable. Which would be a very bad idea.

Voidgolem

04-26-2013

Modern Master Yi.

Plus Boobs.

Minus off-build that actually makes her an effective pick as opposed to mediocre melee carry (which is terrible).

Samenko

04-26-2013

She's not that bad, lol. GD logic would disagree though.

She is lane dependent, just like many other champs. She dominates AP mages and certain AD champs top, where she can abuse her W.

BotRK and Hydra were the best things to happen to her since her inception.

Ron Paul

04-26-2013

What I don't understand is why Riot says melee carries aren't good for this game because they can get too strong at late game if we buff them.

So what the **** do ranged adc's do?